1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you not care that you're a bunch of spammers?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MeBloggs, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I've been trying to be a part of this community for a couple of weeks now, and it's very frustrating. As a real SEO guy, it's appalling to me at how the people here have no respect for white hat techniques. And what's worse is that they give the impression that black hat techniques are somehow worthwhile or sustainable!

The most effective SEO technique: Produce quality content.

Instead of doing this, so many of you are engaging in link exchanges, dofollow blog spam, forum spam (just look at your signatures!), pointless directory submissions and splogging.

It's disappointing. You should be ashamed. I've seen maybe one or two people here that actually seem to know something about the Internet. So many others are just posting simply to spam the forum with their signatures. They have almost 0 intelligence, and this forum is worse off for it.

I don't know that I'll be able to keep this up for much longer. I want a community where I can converse with my peers. But I am not an ignorant spammer.

(Suggestions of better sites are welcome.)

MeBloggs, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  2. RadianceGpt

RadianceGpt Peon

Best Answers:
    I do understand what you are saying...I think most people do not seem to understand that it takes time to make money. Like you mentioned the best way is to produce quality content. The sad thing is there are those out there that produce crap and still make the same amount of money or more than those who actually take the time to make a website of high quality.

RadianceGpt, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  3. guineapirate

guineapirate Member

Best Answers:
    Just be patient, eventually you'll learn to completely gloss over the spammers and they won't bother you, keep looking for quality content and you will find it, there are a lot of friendly people on here who really care about each other.

guineapirate, Jan 26, 2011 IP
    MeBloggs likes this.
  4. AntonA

AntonA Guest

Best Answers:
    eh lucky for the spammers, I have posted many times and I have 1 post :(

AntonA, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    My other world is property investment and if I've learnt anything its that money and trouble go hand in hand.

Before adsense and affiliate programs came along SEO was about getting to the top of the SERPs so you could sell your product. We still had link wheels (but not called that) but it was much less aggressive - we all did something else first, running our websites came second. Then the "big bucks" started flowing and the world turned sour. That doesn't stop me investing in property or working online. You have to draw a line in the sand and decide what you will do and what you won't. Investigate new techniques and see how they stack up according to your values.

Oh, and theft is theft, doesn't matter if its online or not. A fake affiliate click is shoplifting - plain and simple. Some people have no problem with that, others do.

I'm not to big on some of the real world crimes that happen around me, I don't see me stooping to their level there either.

sarahk, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  6. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    Leave DP and don't come back if you don't find this place 'suitable' to your expectations. Simple as that. If you want a community where you can converse with your peers then create your own forum.

While I don't deny the amount of noobs DP has, I also see no reason why I shouldn't do my part and help educate them with legitimate, white label SEO.

It is what it is.

Grimm, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  7. MeBloggs

MeBloggs Peon

Best Answers:
    ^Looks like mostly black hat techniques being traded here, and not even useful black hat techniques. I'm sure there are some good Internet marketing forums/communities, and I would go to them if I find them. I like the subjects of these forums, but the community is frustrating. For instance, one thread was asking about why Google isn't reporting his backlinks. Everyone in SEO knows that Yahoo gives better, more accurate backlink data than Google. So, he got a couple responses saying, "Don't worry about it; use Yahoo" and "Google doesn't make all this data available." Rather than accept that, he responds a "thank you" to one of the several people who suggests he "waits it out" and that Google just takes longer to index.

As someone who knows SEO well, it is frustrating how backwoods this community seems to be.

MeBloggs, Jan 28, 2011 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.