1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PLR Article - whats your experience?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Spacefruit, Jan 23, 2011.

Just bought somePLR articles for the 1st time. A lot don't seem to have been used yet and pass copyscape, I was quite suprised.

Whats your experience of them ?

Spacefruit, Jan 23, 2011 IP
  2. tracijackson

tracijackson Peon

Best Answers:
    I've never had a copyscape issue--my biggest issue with PLR articles is that many of them really are crap. I'd suggest you customize them with your own look and feel. Brand them to YOU so that other copycats won't look like you. That will make the PLR product be a unique one for you.

tracijackson, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  3. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Best advice I can give you: Forget about crappyscape it is exactly that: crap.

Kraven2, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  4. bjarvis2785

bjarvis2785 Peon

Best Answers:
    OP - if you're worried about them being used by others, then maybe consider getting somebody to re-word them for you?

@Kraven2 - i'm new here and have only just learned about copyscape so am interested in the reason you think it's crap? It appears to be a useful tool?

bjarvis2785, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  5. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    a number of reasons actually:

For starters the fact that it can only crawl the public web, which means your article could come up as unique while being published in a gazillion member areas.

Another great reason to not like crappyscape is the fact that when an article contains quoted text it turns up as duplicate even though it is supposed to be a quote. This in fact reduces the quality of an article.

Third, the only reason to have 100% unique articles besides down right plagiarism is for search engines listings, and for that one needs to understand that for an article to be effective on search engines it only has to be 40% unique.

Fourth by using spinners and other crappy software it is childlike easy to rewrite/spin an existing article to come up as unique on crappyscape. In other words it is easy to fool, and that is not even considering copying written work not published on the web before.

I could go on, but those are the main things I have against this service.

Kraven2, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  6. guineapirate

guineapirate Member

Best Answers:
    I've never had a problem with PLR articles, it seems like even if they are available to everyone, the chances that many people will buy/use them is low. I'm not really sure, but I know they work better than ezine content!

guineapirate, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  7. WaldorfPC

WaldorfPC Member

Best Answers:
    I've never had a negative experience with PLR content. I've used it a few times in email lists and such. In order to give the content my own look and feel, I go in and customize it the way I want. It does not take that much time to do at all.

and concerning Copyscape, I do not think that is crap at all. I use it and love it. and from what I can see in the past almost six yers I've been a writer, it is the most preferred plagiarism checker. I'm sorry you feel that way, but yea, everyone does have a right to his or her own personal opinion.

WaldorfPC, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  8. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is true. Just like Windows is the most used OS. It still can't hold a candle to Linux in terms of stability, speed and security. The point being that the most used is not always the best solution.

Kraven2, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  9. Spacefruit

Spacefruit Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not really bothered about re writing them, ff they are unique and you post them...you will get the credit if they ever get republished by others.

@kraven2 - mmm I generally copy chunks into google and see what comes up...

Spacefruit, Jan 30, 2011 IP