1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Google works with article directories.?

Discussion in 'Google' started by DewShare, Jan 25, 2011.

Hi

I want to ask a question about article directories with google. As we know article directories have dublicate contents. same article on all kind of directories. so one thing is this Contents of an article directory could not be unique.
    Second. Article directory grows its content very rapidly. Thousands of articles submitted each day by different article marketers.
    I feel such website is not suitable for adsense and also could not make its position well in seach engine. What do you think about this ?

DewShare, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  2. Imdadc

Imdadc Peon

Best Answers:
    Google always love unique articles. Though there have so many spam duplicate articles in directories but also have many unique content. Before post any article check the PR of that directory site. Some of my best article directory site are:

1. Ezinearticles.com
    2. articlesbase.com
    3. articledashboard.com
    4. buzzle.com

Imdadc, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  3. DewShare

DewShare Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If someone create an article directory ? do you think peoples will submit unique and quality content to its directory. and what about a new directory with large number of duplicate contents. is google rank that directory or just ignore ever forever?

the directories you mention are old and high pr so authors submit original and quality articles on these directories but not on new directories.

DewShare, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  4. Imdadc

Imdadc Peon

Best Answers:
    I just ignore those directory with duplicate content, most of them approve any of submitted article instantly & I think thats the reason for duplicate content. Google may mark all of backlinks from those directory as spam, so I can't let my site PR down by submitting article there :). Old is Gold for me.

Imdadc, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  5. JessicaHoward

JessicaHoward Peon

Best Answers:
    Google will ignore other links from same article because they contain the same content that you publish on other article directory,thus if you submit your article at more than 1 article directory,google crawls but ranks only one article link...

JessicaHoward, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  6. DanAbbamont

DanAbbamont Guest

Best Answers:
    It still counts links from every article. The bigger issue is that most of the article directories just aren't worth submitting to, especially with a newish site. Duplicate content isn't an issue, except for the fact that really good ones like ezinearticles want what you submit to be unique.

DanAbbamont, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  7. lktennis55

lktennis55 Guest

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with the first commenter, however I have found that ezine articles is the primary one that works best for building links. The other article directories just dont seem to have as much pull with search engines.

lktennis55, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  8. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    in a recent post on inside adsense blog, they talk about those sites with superficial content not being fit for adsense. But I'm waiting to see them apply this rule in 2011, in the meantime I continue my own article sites.

JamesColin, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  9. shams714

shams714 Member

Best Answers:
    I think Google cares about the article directories. And the most important thing is you can have a backlink from a high pr site by this.

shams714, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  10. ReverseInternet.com

ReverseInternet.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Just set up an experiment with too structurally identical pages and promote them with different methods you want to measure. Within a month or two you'll now what is better for sure.
    There is no good answer to your question - algorithm changes and importance of different features change too. But in my opinion certain article directories like ones listed above do help.
    Spamming 100s of directories also may work but depends on how you do it - but sometimes time spent on such spamming is not worth the benefit.
    The best advice I can give is to diversify your linkbuilding strategies. If google kills one linkbuilding method you'll have 10 more which will sustain your ranking.

ReverseInternet.com, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  11. massjo

massjo Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, but it takes time to cache by google, so you have to do some link building works for that article page.

massjo, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  12. dudleym

dudleym Peon

Best Answers:
    I always love article marketing & forum marketing. I only submit articles to some of well known directory site.

dudleym, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  13. deltagci

deltagci Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes Google like unique content only, better to make good content then sure get more effective results.

deltagci, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  14. stevenyoung

stevenyoung Peon

Best Answers:
    Article directories and article syndication websites are one the earliest forms internet marketing, but do they still work and are they worth the effort? The main problem with syndicated articles is that they will most likely be seen as duplicate content, which Google claims will be filtered out of organic SERP’s. Article directory owners tell a different story. In a style reminiscent of late night infomercials, they will talk about the exposure benefits and tidal waves of traffic that contributions to article directories can bring. So where’s the truth? In this article we’ll be taking a look at article directories, if there are any benefits, and if you can use them to help your organic rankings.

stevenyoung, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  15. denverice

denverice Peon

Best Answers:
    before submitting your article to article directories you have to spin your articles so it would be more effective.

denverice, Jan 26, 2011 IP
  16. Surajdeshmukh

Surajdeshmukh Peon

Best Answers:
    Submitting unique articles in different article sites will definately help from seo point of view and those backlinks will be very much effective.

Surajdeshmukh, Jan 27, 2011 IP
  17. Amy Garrizon

Amy Garrizon Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not just write your own articles, if you don't have the time to write you can outsource it. Unique articles will pay off in the long run.

Amy Garrizon, Jan 27, 2011 IP
  18. julietevents

julietevents Peon

Best Answers:
    Google always love unique articles. I only submit articles to some of well known directory site.

julietevents, Jan 27, 2011 IP
  19. provaltech

provaltech Peon

Best Answers:
    Now at present article posting is one of the best method of promoting website. It's gives you a quality back link.

provaltech, Jan 27, 2011 IP
  20. DewShare

DewShare Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    do you submit same article to all directories. what should do with those submitters those submit same articles on different directories ?

DewShare, Jan 28, 2011 IP