1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Transfering the blog from Godaddy Shared to Godaddy VDS

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by cini, Jan 24, 2011.

Hi guys;

My blog is getting bigger so i have to migrate to Godaddy VDS.

As they say it is easy to set up the VDS but this is the first time i'm gonna use a Godaddy VDS.
    My question is that what shall i do to work my blog properly in the new server?.I mean i backup all files including the database.The domain name is also from godaddy.now it's time to transfer

Anybody help me?

cini, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  2. mysqlxpert

mysqlxpert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First you need to check if you have everything installed on it (web server, PHP/Ruby on rails, MySQL or any other database etc). Are you using Wordpress for blog? Backup the database and files from the existing server and move them to the new server. Import the database to the database in the new server and create MySQL user to connect to it. Edit the configuration file to provide this Mysql user and password to connect your blogging application to database.

I can do it for you. PM me the details

mysqlxpert, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  3. cini

cini Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm using wordpress

The database backup and all the blog files are ready in my computer.

Ok,I'm gonna do the same as setting up a new worpress blog.(config.php file-username password etc.) and then upload all the files

But what about the domain?Imean how will the procedure be for setting up the domain records?

cini, Jan 25, 2011 IP
  4. mysqlxpert

mysqlxpert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Go to the domain control and change the nameservers which are provided by Godaddy to point to VDS.

mysqlxpert, Jan 25, 2011 IP