1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A few questions and suggestions

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by ApocalypseXL, Jan 24, 2011.

Greetings honored members of DigitalPoint ,

I have a question regarding how a member can handle his original post in a WTS thread . Recently some of my threads on BST got merged for allegedly violating the rules . I wish to clarify this situation because it is my honest desire to avoid further disagreements whit the mod team .

It has now come to my understanding that if you sell a product (sig link , directory submision service , backlinks) and the product changes in quality , numbers , price , if you added further products to your offer or any other details you are not allowed under any circumstances to post a new thread to sell your new product . This obligation stands even if :

- your previous thread has ended in it's sale time
    - your previous thread was posted months ago
    - your original post and title don't fit the description or your new product and the old thread title and original post will misinform potential buyers
    - your original thread did not have all the packages you wish to offer now

Please be kind and point out if this observations are correct .

If so i beg of you update the FAQ/Rules section to clearly & specifically state that you are not allowed to create a new thread for what a member might consider to be a entirely different product . I believe that such an update will benefit both the member base and the moderator team , sparing time and discomfort for all of us .

Assuming that the sentences above are truth and accurate please let us know how we should proceed if there is a dire need for the original post to be changed or the title to be edited . Situations can arise and we are all subjected to human error so in that unfortunate event how should a member proceed ?

- Should we politely contact a moderator via PM requesting for a the editing of the original post or/and title , then wait for and answer , perhaps action ? If so should we contact any moderator responsible for BST or one that is online ? Should we contact all the moderators that watch over the Business section (where BST is located) ? Is there a format in which must write our message ? Is there a time policy (30 days perhaps ?) on how often we may politely ask for such changes ?

- Should we report our original post via the report button and politely request for a change ? Again is there a format in which must express our request ? And once more is there a time policy (30 days perhaps ?) on how often we may request the assistance of the moderators ?

- Is there any other course of action that a member may take ?

From my knowledge and understanding the moderators are here to reinforce the current Rules and Guidelines , not to cater to the members constant needs and (often over-demanding) requests . Therefore I and many other members find ourself puzzled and troubled by this critical dilemma . Every second counts and for every moment out product is not correctly displayed we are loosing our hard worked potential profits .

Please provide us whit the answers to this questions . I have already seen several friends banned for probably not knowing what to do and I do not wish to see even more gone .

I indent to create 3 separate threads (not all at the same moment but in due time) to sell in one shared hosting , in one reseller contracts for shared hosting and in one VPS . In the future i may wish to create a thread to distribute reseller packages for VPS and another one to distribute Dedicated Servers .

Would that be the correct course of action or should I create only one thread since they are all products of the web hosting family ? Could you please advise me ?

I'm proposing the introduction of a option that will allow a member to edit his original post and title in a thread created in the BST area . This option will be available only and only in BST and should have a 30 day cooling time (7 maybe for premium ?) . After editing the OP should clearly state that this thread was modified , what the original title was , when it was modified and why (fixed options only) . Perhaps even a small fee could be asked for this option .

What do you guys think ? Would you like this option ? Are you willing to pay for it ? Shawn would you consider such a addition a priority ?

Finally I am suggesting that premium members should have the option of deleting one of their expired infractions once every 30 days or even more . I currently have 3 infractions despite my efforts to be a good member and I consider myself innocent in all of my actions on this forum . I have appealed one such infraction but have yet to receive an response despite the fact that quite some time has passed since then . I'm not expecting a reply given that fact that there is almost no time for such things . Expired infractions still stand like horrible marks of shame to me and I strongly believe that I'm not the only one whit such views one the matter . They are quite a morale sapper .

If one day a member might wish to have the opportunity to be selected for the respected position of moderator he might not be looked upon fairly whit those horrid red dots on his profile . Please consider this possibility .

To all those of you who read this members , moderators and administrators - Thank You - for your time and attention . Please reply whit your opinions and answers - they are more then welcomed .

Respectfully ,
    ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL, Jan 24, 2011 IP
    ~~~~ likes this.
  2. ~~~~

~~~~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    afaik
    -If your sale is ended, its ended, you cant open a fresh thread for same product, neither can you reopen that thread (red this somewhere, Auzdrez's thread i think)
    -Also i red that if you sell 100 submissions, you cant open a thread for 200 submissions, as its the same product with a different mix

Thats all i know from what i red here

Reference - http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2059096

Hope that helps

~~~~, Jan 24, 2011 IP
    ApocalypseXL likes this.