1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

?1-23+3:0:25= in stats

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by adacprogramming, Jan 24, 2011.

I have a site that uses html pages and also has a wordpress blog attached.

In my stats I'm seeing a lot of page where people are typeing ?1-23+3:0:25= after the page name in the URL and coming to the site. Last time I seen something similar it was someone trying to hack into my wordpress blog.

What information is someone trying to get by doing this?

example: http://www.alohanaweddings.com/?1-23+3:0:25=

adacprogramming, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  2. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there a referral Url for where those page hits are coming from? Or are these direct hits?

Dodger, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  3. pcfactor

pcfactor Peon

Best Answers:
    I may be wrong, but it just looks to me like an attempt to bypass anti-spam or captcha most likely.

pcfactor, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  4. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks more like a date timestamp. That is what I thought when I first saw it. It is definitely not a captcha thing, since it is not appended to the comment.php Url.

I am thinking it is a referral from some website which is attaching that to the Url. Innocently of course. It is probably some bad coding from the referring site. It could be a spider with errant coding also. If the referral host is from Amazon cloud computing, this is most likely a stupidly coded spider.

Dodger, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  5. adacprogramming

adacprogramming Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    best I can tell these are direct hits. I'm getting a bunch of them with different numbers.

6. adacprogramming

Best Answers:
    Really the person is missing all together. While I do have a wordpress blog further in the site this is happening on static html pages not on the wordpress pages. I was thinking the person might be using an automatic script to hunt through the site to see if they could find a way in and didn't realize they were hitting html pages and not php

7. adacprogramming

Best Answers:
    Your right. checked the number sequence. Month-day-time and they happened on the day that fits the sequence. and they are referrals, or at least all from one site, I haven't been able to find the link to my site on the referring sites page.

But, at least it is likely not a hacker.
    Thanks
    for looking

8. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    True that, not a hacker. It is just a script running to pump referral Urls into your tracking software. Theory being that some of the less informed are thinking that these people are linking to them.

I would just ignore it, unless they are hitting hundreds of pages a day. In that case, block them.

Dodger, Jan 24, 2011 IP
    adacprogramming likes this.
  9. adacprogramming

Best Answers:
    Someone managed to hack into the blog and set up spam pages in the past, so I watch for odd links. Got the latest wordpress but you never know when there might be another vulnerability.

Thanks for the help

Dodger likes this.