1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is radical Islam and terrorism the result of US foreign policy?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Helvetii, Jan 23, 2011.

I was reading this article titled Do We Have Ahmadinejad All Wrong? which talks about how this man is behind the scenes trying to modernize Iran and free it from radical Islam taking it back to its Persian roots. The articles deserves to be read in full if you have 1o minutes which is why I won't quote any parts from it. A thought came to my mind, what has US policy done to Iran? It was the most liberal Islamic country, a far cry from todays Iran, and yet US changed the regime in Iran for its own selfish interests, stabbing the Shah in the back and supported an Islamic revolution in the country transferring the power to Mullahs. Today when this guy is trying to undo the effects of that Islamic revolution instigated by US he is humiliated, met with resistance, so much of it that it makes the task impossible.

Same Stuff in Afghanistan. US supported jihadis, sent them money, trained them, help Mullahs to recruit more jihadis for its own selfish interests which once served resulted in abandoning the country. My father had visited Kabul when it was under Soviet Control, even though in a state of war the country was much more peaceful and safe place for tourists. My Grandfather worked for the Archeological survey of India and was leading a team of international archeologists maintaining and repairing the Buddha statues which were later destroyed by said jihadis. In short US policy descended the country into hell and sowed seeds of Taliban and AlQ.

Same Stuff in Pakistan, US helped overthrow a democratically elected government and put in place Zia-Ul-Haq as the dictator and in-charge of funneling US money and providing support to Jihadis in Afghan. The new regime radicalized the country, passed oppressive, restrictive laws in "name of Islam", women could walk freely in the country, today we see them covered in Burqas, men keep long beards et al. Pakistan was not always so radicalized. US armed and provided support to Pakistan to keep fighting with India just because it was tilted towards USSR (who are loyal friends and not backstabbers).

How many people in the world have died, how many families have been affected just because US wanted to be the sole superpower? (meaningless thing)

Helvetii, Jan 23, 2011 IP
  2. Yeah

Yeah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think that is not easy to decide.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
    Yeah, Jan 23, 2011 IP
  3. sar420

sar420 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I do agree that US policy is partly to blame. Radical Islam always existed..in a minority. Fuel was added to this radical fire by the US which has now engulfed the whole world. I'll get to reading that article you've posted now

sar420, Jan 23, 2011 IP
  4. IsraeI

IsraeI Peon

Best Answers:
    You can't punch someone in the face and expect not to be punched back. :)

If anyone is interested in peace, just withdraw your troops and compensate the people who you have wronged, mind your own business and you won't have problems.

:cool:

IsraeI, Jan 23, 2011 IP
  5. djdestruction

djdestruction Peon

Best Answers:
    Suprisingly sound advice coming from someone who thinks Atheists are delusional.....lol.

djdestruction, Jan 23, 2011 IP
  6. IsraeI

IsraeI Peon

Best Answers:
    Despite the propaganda, I'm not evil.

:)

IsraeI, Jan 23, 2011 IP
  7. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey look! Another anti-US thread by the resident DP troll! After reading the article you linked, and noting the utter lack of connection with the entire remainder of your post, I've come to the conclusion you are either the least intelligent person in your class, or you haven't the faintest understanding of the English language.

If you want to use this article to play up what a good guy Ahmadinijad is, you should direct your sales pitch at the Iranian people. You know, the ones who tried to vote him out of power recently, but more than likely had their ballots tossed in the trash.

If you want to sell the idea that the US supported the Islamic Revolution in Iran, which ousted the US supported shah, you need to put down your crack pipe. Have you completely forgotten what I told you about using easily disprovable lies as a basis for slander? You come off as the complete rookie you are.

Obamanation, Jan 23, 2011 IP
  8. borber

borber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's true just partially. Not USA only who makes this problem so hot. USSR did a lot the same. But I guess that ideological radicalism at some moment necessarily appears in blood way even though it wouldn't have anything to push it.

borber, Jan 23, 2011 IP
  9. Misato

Misato Guest

Best Answers:
    US financed most of these group for their own political agenda. They created the "terrorism" they are fighting for what ? Money, power, self interest ? We can break down most of these groups and end result would be the US Government.

Misato, Jan 23, 2011 IP
  10. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Extensive studies have found it is the government of the Philippines that is behind worldwide terrorism.

Obamanation, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  11. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    An advice to helvetii - When you start reaching closer to 10 points do not post anything fishy and don't take any risks and post at a slow rate till your infractions start to expire or else you get banned like you got now :) I was on 9 points when i posted only 1 post a day till i got some infractions expired. :D

laxman363, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  12. Misato

Misato Guest

Best Answers:
    My theory is Texas and California specifically, but that is just a theory and I can't provide any evidence. ROFL !

Misato, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  13. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Don't sweat the evidence. Apparently evidence is no longer necessary to make these types of claims. Just follow the steps:

1. Identity individual, nation, or state that you dislike for whatever reason
    2. Fill out the FactlessSmearTemplate
    3. Post result on forum

Works for me.

Obamanation, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  14. Misato

Misato Guest

Best Answers:
    To the OP.

The US had been supporting terrorist group not only Muslim radicals. I will start first with the Khmer Rouge.
    Khmer Rouge History by Time Magazine

The U.S. government's secret partnership with the Khmer Rouge grew out of the U.S. defeat in the Vietnam War. After the fall of Saigon in 1975, the U.S.-worried by the shift in the Southeast Asian balance of power-turned once again to geopolitical confrontation. It quickly formalized an anti-Vietnamese, anti-Soviet strategic alliance with China-an alliance whose disastrous effects have been most evident in Cambodia. For the U.S., playing the "China card" has meant sustaining the Khmer Rouge as a geopolitical counterweight capable of destabilizing the Hun Sen government in Cambodia and its Vietnamese allies.

Misato, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  15. grill12

grill12 Peon

Best Answers:
    These days there is a trend if Muslims start terrorism then its USA fault,if any thing gone wrong with the Muslims everyone start blaming America .

grill12, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  16. Ckrismoney

Ckrismoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    radical Islam and terrorism have been around long before the U.S.

Ckrismoney, Feb 17, 2011 IP
  17. atvking

atvking Active Member

Best Answers:
    only a complete moron, or some serious victim of brain wash, would actually believe that this has nothing to do with US foreign policy...only a stupid troll with nothing better to do would argue that the USA does not abuse its power for financial and political reasons...its an easy bandwagon to jump on just repeat "show me proof" because no "proof" can be shown that wont be discredited because its biased because it does not carry the official US stamp of approval LOL...oh and the honest honest US government is not biased at all...nooooo...no really its completely non biased :) and honest :)

SO if you cant actually procure a document with an official US government stamp of approval where it says "we abuse power" you have NO PROOF LOL...

I wonder what americans think is the real reason for terrorism? why some "Camel jockeys" would decide take on the #1 military superpower in the world...

atvking, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  18. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly. A moron called obantion asks me to gives proof of the fact that USA harassed muslims living there after the 9/11. The whole world knows that. Their have been plenty of movies on this issue too and he asks to show proof. I showed him a webpage and he said this is not reliable as if wikipedia is going to show the leaked pictures of a cop pissing on a persons face. I would have argued bigger and complicated things but he does not accept this basic fact and that USA attacked iraq for oil and keeps supporting pakistan against India etc.

Some time ago India had discovered the nuclear power to a great extent and USA intervened and told us not to use the power, what do you think would have been the reason behind this, because they want peace. NOOO. They won't have created the terrorist groups then which later attacked USA. They just did not want the risk of being overthrown.

Although helvetii and my thoughts hardly are same but except for issues realted to god i find him very much precise. That article is worth the read and so is helvetii's first post. :)

laxman363, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  19. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Wow. The "I have no facts" club must have held it's annual meeting recently. Thankfully, Laxman summed his evidence up nicely for us:

Good job man! :) Glad to see you have surveyed the whole world and presented your findings.

Obamanation, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  20. atvking

atvking Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe you 100% I know how US soldiers behave when off camera LOL...what you see on CNN is not what you get it real life and his whole "case" rests of the false presumption that the USA does not abuse power or manipulate the news LOL...

on the other hand if you post the truth, the actual truth about the US gov. like wikileas did you will actually be branded a terrorist and spy... remember that wikileas made nothing up NOTHING he just posted the TRUTH...obama and co will argue until they are blue in the face that telling the truth is the same as terrorism LOL but this is all wikileas did...so much for the truth eh?...so much for non biased media and freedom of speech LOL...

"show me proof" is like a world war 2 jew having to prove to a nazi that he is not a terrorist LOL...

atvking, Feb 22, 2011 IP