1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogger Blog Help (Stand A Lone Pages) Help Please

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by chris00129, Jan 23, 2011.

Hey Everyone,

I have a blog hosted on Blogger (www.dealspower.com) I am looking to integrate some code into one of the page that will take up the whole page. At the moment though I have a right side bar with information (you know the basics like Facebook and advertisements).

My question is though can I create a page that only has the header of my site and then have it so I can utilize the entire body for something I need?

Or would I have to create another blog with another domain and customize the entire thing?

Thanks,

Chris

chris00129, Jan 23, 2011 IP
  2. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeppers. Go to your dashboard >> POSTS >> Edit Pages tab, where you can add up to 10 static pages.

Dodger, Jan 23, 2011 IP
  3. chris00129

chris00129 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How can I customize the static page though? For instance can I make this page get rid of the side right bar?

4. Nefertiti

Nefertiti Peon

Best Answers:
    You cannot get rid of the entire sidebar in Blogspot. You can customize posts/pages thru the "Edit HTML" tab in compose box.

Nefertiti, Jan 23, 2011 IP
  5. chris00129

chris00129 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So you are saying I could edit a static pages Side Bar? And it won't effect the rest of my Blog?

6. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think so, at least, there doesn't appear to be. If there were an ID value for the static pages, then you can hide the sidebar and expand the width of the content. But I cannot see any ID values.

There may be some conditional values where you could determine if it is a page or post, but I cannot find any that comes close. That is not to say they are not there. If there are, then you could hide the sidebar with CSS.

Peter Chen may know of a way, he does a lot of blogging about that type of stuff. Look through his blog Blogger for Dummies . You can also contact him there also.

Dodger, Jan 23, 2011 IP
  7. chris00129

chris00129 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks Dodger. I appreciate your feedback and as well your lead.

8. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    She meant to say that you can edit the Html of the Post or Page, not the sidebar. Basically put, it has nothing to do with what you are trying to achieve.

Dodger, Jan 23, 2011 IP