1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress Private/public post and google

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by info, Jan 20, 2011.

How google/search engine considers a post in Wordpress with Private/public tag?
    Do they crawl private published post?

info, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  2. KimiGermany

KimiGermany Peon

Best Answers:
    In Some cases they do index it..I have read people complaining about it.

It can also depend on your theme, if you use seo optimised theme, there must be an option where you can add noindex for the post.

If you use free theme try, robots meta tag plugin, to control it.

KimiGermany, Jan 20, 2011 IP
    info likes this.
  3. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not sure what you mean by a tag. If you are referring to posts requiring a user account to view the post, then no, Google will not be able to crawl it.

There is an exception to that rule. News agencies use it for their subscription articles, and allow Google to crawl the articles for search purposes. Google does not provide cached results or any information other than a snippet for the article that is relative to your search terms.

Dodger, Jan 21, 2011 IP
    info likes this.
  4. info

info Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Kimi and dodger. Actually there is not any tag as such. I asked about when a post is published private do yahoo, google or msn indexes page or not.

info, Jan 22, 2011 IP