1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

problem with CB link and "gocodes".

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by idan_k, Jan 17, 2011.

Hi,

in my WP-admin/gocodes i can see that im getting 125 clicks on my link to the vendor page but, google analytics: 13 visitors, not 125!
    CB reports: 27 clicks on my link.

so - why gocodes says: 125 and still counting?

is someone stealing my sales?

thanks

idan_k, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  2. karabas

karabas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would assume that gocodes is not smart enough to filter out robots clicking on the link to see where it points. 100 robot hits is a lot for given that you only get 13 clicks from real people. I would look into setting up detailed web server logs.

karabas, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  3. idan_k

idan_k Peon

Best Answers:
    well, there is an option in Gocodes to: "dont follow". so i dont think it counts the robot clicks.
    in clickbank i can see:
    nubmer of hoplinks (hop count): 129 (it means 129 Human clicks on my affiliate link)
    Order form impression count: 0 !!

so what can i assume:
    1. the vendor sales page is not good (grav. 78)
    2. someone is stealing my clicks!

what can i do to check if im 1 or 2?

thanks again,
    Idan

idan_k, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  4. waxman1000

waxman1000 Peon

Best Answers:
    The "no follow" attribute dose not mean the robots don't follow the link!!! It just means they should not index or count that link as an additional vote for the site which is linked to.

waxman1000, Jan 21, 2011 IP
  5. mygold

mygold Peon

Best Answers:
    Gocodes is not so good. I think you should check every day on your site. Sometimes its create great mistake.So don't worry first check it.

mygold, Jan 21, 2011 IP
  6. MattSanti

MattSanti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly I'd stick with Google analytics. Google built it so you know their tracking will be far better than one little plugin stat option.

MattSanti, Jan 21, 2011 IP
  7. waxman1000

waxman1000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Gocodes is great for redirecting traffic (That is the main reason they created it). It was not created for monitoring stats. By the way, I prefer statcounter to Google Analytic. Just because Analytic is a Google product dose not mean it is good. Google do have a number of products which suck big time... Google buzz sucks, Google wave sucked.... Just to name a few.

waxman1000, Jan 21, 2011 IP
  8. DianeS55

DianeS55 Peon

Best Answers:
    I almost started using gocodes but then I taught myself how to do 301 redirects inside my cPanel, and that is the best of all. Am converting my ugly hoplinks on all my sites to get the pretty URLs I always wanted. Takes some initial time, but once it is done, it is done! Should Clickbank change its hoplink system, I can just change the redirect from cPanel. Easy!

I prefer Google Analytics over StatCounter 'cuz I like the GA dashboard so much better.

DianeS55, Jan 22, 2011 IP