1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Instant story posting site called Todaysgoal.com

Discussion in 'Websites' started by ohmer, Jan 20, 2011.

I have www.todaysgoal.com really close I think to where I want it for now. The site is pretty new and I just wanted to see if there is anything you guys notice wrong or that I could do better? Any constructive criticism is welcomed. Thanks very much.

ohmer, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  2. kenhos22

kenhos22 Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't seem to access your site. Hm..... maybe its just me or did you take it down?

kenhos22, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  3. ohmer

ohmer Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope the site is still up and running. Hmmm, what browser are you using if I may ask?

ohmer, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  4. kellymoore

kellymoore Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I like your site but may I ask why your "Submit a goal" and "Moderate Goal" color are diff from others? Otherwise A nice site you've made.

kellymoore, Jan 20, 2011 IP
    ohmer likes this.
  5. nostressmaven

nostressmaven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just went to your site and the one thing I would like to see is you having a headline or wiifm box instead of one of the google ad box at the top.

I know that it should be self explanatory... however, I would like a wiifm...whats in it for me box instead of ads with a headline that says something like... Gotta Goal? Share it with the world~ or something to state what the purpose of the site is... why should I share my goal with you... who is going to read it, and why should I care enough to share my goal.

Love the whole concept of the site... simple, clean, would just like a little bit of who what why... and wiifm if I do...

Bravo to you!

nostressmaven, Jan 20, 2011 IP
    ohmer likes this.
  6. ohmer

ohmer Peon

Best Answers:
    Kellymoore, I made the buttons different colors to stand out from the rest. Those are the two main "action" buttons for interaction. I want the user to notice those buttons before any else. And thanks for the review.

Nostressmaven, I will definitely take that into consideration about the wiifm box instead of ads. Right now, those ads are making money, but I can see your point. I think I will find a solution to satisfy both needs. And thanks for the review as well. Rep has been added for both of you.

ohmer, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  7. nostressmaven

nostressmaven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks@! I understand about the ad $$$... I am sure there is a way to do both easily. Love the whole idea of the site!

nostressmaven, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  8. ohmer

ohmer Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks again. I added a wiifm box at the top under the menu. I am not sure if that will be my final design, but I will play with different wording/colors and track results.

That is why I love the users here at Digital Point, always helpful and quick like.

ohmer, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  9. ashell

ashell Peon

Best Answers:
    good site, but check main menu for different OS

ashell, Jan 21, 2011 IP
  10. ohmer

ohmer Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much for pointing that out. In the process of fixing. Gotta love good ole IE!

ohmer, Jan 21, 2011 IP
  11. Getrealnow

Getrealnow Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe put a video on the front page for the introduction.

Getrealnow, Jan 21, 2011 IP
  12. ohmer

ohmer Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok I think I got all the issues worked out with the menu. Thanks for all the help everyone. Any more critiques are welcomed, I want to make this the best site for the users.

ohmer, Jan 21, 2011 IP