1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Noob question about website design

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by JDAX23, Jan 20, 2011.

Hi,

I am looking to make a wallpaper website. I have been told by others to use either Drupal, WordPress, or HostGator to do so. Any ideas or opinions on this? Any information is greatly appreciated.

JDAX23, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  2. GWiz

GWiz Peon

Best Answers:
    Well all of those solutions are potential candidates, but seeing as you apparently don't really know what you're doing. I would recommend you try to browse around and find a template for either one of those platforms that does what you want. Try http://www.themeforest.net or google "Wallpaper website wordpress" or something similar. Wordpress would probably be the easiest and most user-friendly way to do it as Drupal and Joomla are much more complicated for the average programmer. HostGator is a hosting service, not a Platform.

GWiz, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  3. weedesign

weedesign Member

Best Answers:
    just search "free wallpaper script " on google...

weedesign, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  4. Chronister

Chronister Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with GWiz. Wordpress is very user-friendly. I would check around and get some ideas from other wallpaper sites.

Chronister, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  5. radiant_luv

radiant_luv Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there a need of creating a DUPLICATE post? http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2068378

You already have a similar thread and posted your views.

Drupal and Wordpress are CMS, so I understand you might use one of them. However, HostGator is hosting service provider and you might want to use to install CMS.

radiant_luv, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  6. fdizzley

fdizzley Guest

Best Answers:
    I would just set up a gallery application like phpGallery, there are many good ones out there. It doesn't seem like you need the functionality included in an average CMS if you're only posting wallpapers.

fdizzley, Jan 21, 2011 IP