1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting SEO Business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by peugeot78, Jan 9, 2011.

Hi All,

I am considering starting my own SEO business. I am an online marketing manager for a car firm, and also run my own website. I have a good knowledge of SEO, and would love to give it a go. As I am new I will be offering a fair price for my work.

Just a few questions:

1. What SEO tools are best for multiple projects....I have SubmitEaze for multiple directory and article submissions, what about for blog detection...? Any other software I need to invest in???

2. Apart from the UK, I am planning to target my service to our friends in the USA...its great being online so in effect I have a global client base. But would a firm from the states want to deal with a firm for SEO over here in the UK..?

Thanks All

Rob

peugeot78, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  2. no69_2007

no69_2007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it need much hardwork, plus you need some bucks at the start as well.

no69_2007, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  3. peugeot78

peugeot78 Peon

Best Answers:
    of course - I am aware it will be hard work, but thats no problem for me...I know it will cost to set up - but it is consultancy, it is not like I need to invest loads in stock etc...I guess its down to what you class as "a lot of money"

peugeot78, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  4. no69_2007

no69_2007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes for start don't invest much, but invest atleast a little.

no69_2007, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  5. ЄxDeus™

ЄxDeus™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if the price is right then you will get clients if the clients dont know about seo you can charge more.

ЄxDeus™, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  6. etronixmart

etronixmart Peon

Best Answers:
    You can get your SEO business to those nation which use English if your website is good enough. My question is that how many people you get to run your SEO business? That is very important if you want to promote it. The power of one man is very limited. People should got their own job when work in one team.

etronixmart, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  7. Yoichin

Yoichin Member

Best Answers:
    You can outsource all your SEO work on e-lance or other outsourcing website, and you could just be the middle man. This works great with local business because they have no clue about SEO and charging them $1000 per month, you could outsource the whole job for about $500 and you pocket $500. You need to get all the paper works checked first. But doing this type of SEO business is very profitable and you don't really have to do the work. Since you are already knowledgeable about SEO you could talk to them and be confident in what your talking about. This is just a suggestion for your SEO business.

Yoichin, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  8. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You need to invest a lot of time because you need to keep yourself up to date in order to make your SEO effective.

mentos, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  9. pirogoeth

pirogoeth Member

Best Answers:
    pirogoeth, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  10. adacprogramming

adacprogramming Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    On Question 2
    You will probably get your best business from word of mouth. Clients know other people with websites so if you do a good job with one they will refer you to their friends. There is a lot of competition in the US, unless you have a way to prove you are better than the companies here, usually people will try to stick local. I'm sure that is the same with people in the UK also.

adacprogramming, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  11. rohnsmith

rohnsmith Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should use those tools which reduce your workload. for example for regular reporting about ranking , we are using rank tracker which works best.. the same way for yo can use any tool to check backlinks...

rohnsmith, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  12. Ymreb

Ymreb Peon

Best Answers:
    There are a couple of tools to use for SEO. You can use SEO Powersuite just try the trial version. I've been using it. though its only for 30 days. But it helps evalaute your standing in every keyword.

Ymreb, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  13. Sara09

Sara09 Peon

Best Answers:
    Always follow the search engine guidelines it is beneficial for SEO. It requires lot of effort and time for good result. SEO is extremely effective tool for achieve your organization's goals. For target visitors its really beneficial and long-lasting approach to marketing.

Sara09, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  14. Sherlin.Austin

Sherlin.Austin Peon

Best Answers:
    Sherlin.Austin, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  15. UTOPIA

UTOPIA Active Member

Best Answers:
    For me the best thing is for a SEO company to not only explain what they will do, but to also back up their work with good quality examples of their successful SEO campaigns. If you can do that, I don't think the location thing is really an issue.

UTOPIA, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  16. pirogoeth

pirogoeth Member

Best Answers:
    Hit the nail on the head

pirogoeth, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  17. DeanR

DeanR Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need some good budget to start off the project.

DeanR, Jan 14, 2011 IP
  18. Mathijs009

Mathijs009 Peon

Best Answers:
    You might like to become a partner with BIGG SEO. They are the best SEO company in the world and their owner kicks ass.

Mathijs009, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  19. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you start on a freelance site get some clients (of course not those that whant to pay 100$ per seo ... ) get like a portofolio / make conexions / see how you can handle multiple projects ... and then start on a own site/biz ...

Just my 2 cents

w3bmaster, Jan 19, 2011 IP
  20. kelfy

kelfy Member

Best Answers:
    I would say your initial investment would be your website, marketing material, print material and your time. You may always outsource all technical seo work to freelancer. I would suggest to target the local business first and build a good portfolio. It is always easier to make people believe with local business portfolio rather than overseas.

kelfy, Jan 19, 2011 IP