1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Serp

Discussion in 'SEO' started by jacklavis, Dec 30, 2010.

Hi Friends,

I want to know that

What is SERP and how it is useful in SEO?

jacklavis, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  2. joesmith1608

joesmith1608 Peon

Best Answers:
    SERP(Search Engine results Page)- search engines cache SERPs for frequent searches and display the cached SERP instead of a live SERP to increase the performance of the search engine. The search engine updates the SERPs periodically for new pages, and possibly to modify the rankings of pages in the SERP.

SERP refreshing can take more or less time to update.

joesmith1608, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  3. avimartin

avimartin Peon

Best Answers:
    SERP, short for "Search Engine Results Page", is the listing of results on search engines in relation to a query using one or more keywords that a user has entered. The pages of results that you will see are the SERPs.

Whether or not you think that SERPs are important is up to you. If you have a website however, and would like it do well, it is the positioning of your website in the SERPs that should be of prime concern to you. Simply put - if a user can't find your site, how will they ever visit your site ?

avimartin, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  4. Alina Tru

Alina Tru Member

Best Answers:
    I am confused in this question. I not know that what is your question actually. SERP is search engine result page only. It is only a page.

Alina Tru, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  5. pandit12

pandit12 Peon

Best Answers:
    hi........
    SERP Search engine result page is the used of daily change the keyword.

pandit12, Jan 19, 2011 IP
  6. technoverma

technoverma Peon

Best Answers:
    To gain SERP you need to do lot of backlink building by doing article submission and forum and blog commenting.

technoverma, Jan 19, 2011 IP
  7. netyards

netyards Member

Best Answers:
    SERP is ranking measurement in search results.

For example, if I search "cat food" in Google.com, I will be shown 10 results. Let's take "Whiskas" is your site, then your current SERP ranking is #6. Usually, SEO job is to increase SERP ranking from current ranking to higher spots (in this case top 5). You need to implement SEO strategies (there are over 200 factors involved in measuring SERP ranking for Google algorithm) to increase current ranking. This is connection between SEO and SERP. Hope this explains your doubts.

netyards, Jan 24, 2011 IP
  8. brad.smith4321

brad.smith4321 Peon

Best Answers:
    SERP is term to know site's keyword position , competitor's site process , analysis

brad.smith4321, Jan 28, 2011 IP