1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why haven't all my blog's pages been indexed?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Woodcs82, Jan 18, 2011.

Woodcs82, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  2. infogle

infogle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    When did you made this site? is it recently compiled... have you added the XML sitemap to it? have you submitted it to Google Webmasters?

The answers to these questions would be your solution. Hope it helps...

infogle, Jan 18, 2011 IP
    Woodcs82 likes this.
  3. Woodcs82

Woodcs82 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its fairly new...i still need to add an XML sitemap and submit it to webmasters tools

I thought it might index on its own without the XML sitemap and webmaster tools.

-C

Woodcs82, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  4. WP Oasis

WP Oasis Peon

Best Answers:
    It can take a few weeks for all of your pages to be indexed. Be patient. In the mean time, you can create a sitemap and a robots.txt file (both can be easily installed using plug-ins).

You could also ping your posts after you write them...again, there are plug-ins for that.

Hope this helps!

WP Oasis, Jan 18, 2011 IP
    Woodcs82 likes this.
  5. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    As WP Oasis said, it will take a few weeks. Maybe even longer depending on circumstances.

Submitting your site to any search engine really does not speed up the process too much. The best way to get pages indexed, is to have links pointing at them.

With blogs, the process becomes simpler with pinging of new posts, plus integrated plugins that post to social sites such as Twitter and Facebook. Each search engine handles those types of links differently however, and the crawl to index to search result is different. Just because it is in the index, does not necessarily mean it will appear in a search result.

Google is pretty straight forward, when it crawls a page, it appears in the index shortly after. Once in the index, for new sites, it may take a few weeks before it appears in actual search results (short to long keyword searches anyway).

Yahoo is strange, you can see them crawl tons of pages, more than once, and may not show in their index. Then one day it is like turning on a light switch. Showing in search results can be a chore for a while. Not sure what they are up to half the time.

Bing, forget about it. From what I am seeing, their bot is not crawling on new sites. I did however see an "unmarked" bot coming out of Redmond that hits new Tweets-to-WP posts twice, from different IP addresses. Those pages have yet to show up in their index.

At any rate, new websites take time to prove themselves. External links help, but not just any type of links. Links need to come from respected, aged websites (do not turn this into a PageRank comparison, it has nothing to do with PR).

Dodger, Jan 18, 2011 IP
    Woodcs82 likes this.
  6. Yuuko008

Yuuko008 Member

Best Answers:
    First of all check your settings if your site is not blocked on search engines.

If you have check it, I suggest that you install the ff plugins.

- Google XML sitemaps

Then add your sitemap to google webmaster tools.

Yuuko008, Jan 19, 2011 IP
  7. Woodcs82

Best Answers:
    What do you mean "check the settings"? Settings in where? Where would it say that the site is blocked by the search engines?

Woodcs82, Jan 19, 2011 IP
  8. Woodcs82

Best Answers:
    Do you mind recommending some plugins for the sitemap/robots.txt?

Also the ping plugins?

Thank you,
    -C

Woodcs82, Jan 19, 2011 IP
  9. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    there are 88 pages indexed if you type
    site:contentearth.com
    in Google

google only ads pages with content unique/valuable enough to include it in index

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
    atxsurf, Jan 19, 2011 IP
  10. Yuuko008

Yuuko008 Member

Best Answers:
    You can see it on your wp-admin>Settings>Privacy

Hope it helps :)

Yuuko008, Jan 19, 2011 IP
    Woodcs82 likes this.
  11. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Your settings are fine. You are being indexed. Over 80 pages in Google.

Looking at what has been indexed at Google so far, I can see you have made some permalink changes. If you have them set the way you want, then don't touch them again.

You may want to put a disallow for your tag archive pages to be indexed. The content is repetitive and a waste of the robots time.

Dodger, Jan 19, 2011 IP
  12. joshuthomas

joshuthomas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I personally agree to what Dodger said. Its important that you decide to have a good permalink structure when you start off with your blog. The best suggested one is with %postname% only and once you have it going, bots index it that way, any change in the structure later means, a huge number of Page not found errors and high bounce rates.

In addition, have a well knit interlinking within your website, bring posts to light by using yet another related post kinda plugins and improve your link movements. Submitting a XML sitemap is very critical and make sure you add it to your google webmaster account ASAP and get the links indexed.

warm regards
    Josh

joshuthomas, Jan 19, 2011 IP
    Dodger likes this.
  13. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    I use %category%/%postname% personally. That may not work well with other folks, because I tend to limit categories.

Related Posts is good for interlinking. Even better is interlinkng within the post itself.

Dodger, Jan 19, 2011 IP