1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

This Got Me Over 1,000 Visitors *No Cost Too*

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by IHustler, Jan 18, 2011.

Do you just want more traffic? Or do you want to figure out how to gain more highly interested buyers with wallets in hand to your website?

More importantly than what mediums I used, because they're all great methods, is the fact that I picked one in the beginning and stayed consistent with it.

I came up with a realistic plan of daily attack and then committed to seeing it through! No matter how it was gonna go or how I was feeling I was gonna see this thing all the way thru!! Allot of people quit way too soon!

No matter what your venture may be there is tons of highly targeted traffic out there for it! Here's a few things I wish someone told me when I first started!

You want to learn all you can about:

1. Copy Writing (MOST IMPORTANT DONT WAIST 2YRS LIKE I DID)
    2. Keyword Research (Another Biggy)
    3. Marketing Systems/Marketing Funnels

Craigslist, Article marketing, Youtube, Facebook, Myspace, Twitter are all grrrreeeeat mediums, but thats it they are just mediums and those three steps up there will help you use those mediums much more effectively!! BELIEVE ME!!! LOL!!

As far as my personal strategy.. I promote an offline service and roughly 85% of my web traffic comes from Craigslist! We also use youtube and facebook (free traffic)!

I consistently place ads daily and utilizing #1 and #3 allows for our phone to ring daily with interested parties calling wanting to spend money with us! :) As I stated in the title we have had over 1000 visitors.

Many of those visitors have not only become customers, but allot of them have become my favorite of all, repeat customers :)))))

I don't want to burn your ears off lol, I am new to this forum! I will be posting regularly with more insightful info.. I hope you found value here! God Bless.. :)

IHustler, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  2. Adnan959

Adnan959 Member

Best Answers:
    I will have to agree to some extent. Copy writing is by far most affective, though the content has to be promoted wisely. If you're selling a product and/or service then you need to REAL customers not just visitors and for that it is important to have the right blend of ingredients. Almost all methods known to us bring in traffic but customers are the ones the bring in the revenue.

Adnan959, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  3. bhseoteam

bhseoteam Peon

Best Answers:
    copywriting is good if you have a product

seo and keyword research is the most effective marketing

bhseoteam, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  4. miksy123

miksy123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with Adnan959! I think that, for this kind of business, classifieds like CraigsList are a great way to find some customers!

miksy123, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  5. IHustler

IHustler Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Copy Writing stands whether your promoting a product, service, idea, whatever!! You have to be able to relate to people thru ur copy!! No matter what you are selling! Once you get all the right keywords and do all the seo tricks whats left? You've got the visitor now you have to close them with your copy :)

IHustler, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  6. Augra

Augra Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with you!

The real masters of sales and marketing are copywriters!!

I'm thinking about learning copywriting myself in the future!!!

Except without all the exclamation marks!!!!!!!! :)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
    Augra, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  7. businessman413

businessman413 Peon

Best Answers:
    Copy writing skills is what sets people apart. and in the long run makes them more sales. No one can write copy like you can.

businessman413, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  8. IHustler

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Absolutely!! and Thank You!

IHustler, Jan 19, 2011 IP
  9. coxmg

coxmg Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, can you post an example of a Craig's List ad of yours? Are these pay ads? how much does it cost you?

coxmg, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  10. barlettaborn

barlettaborn Peon

Best Answers:
    Copywriting = Sales!

barlettaborn, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  11. jahson01

jahson01 Peon

Best Answers:
    there is no substitute for good content. good content always drives traffic

jahson01, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  12. IHustler

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well Im not sure how how much my ads will help your business! All my marketing is done through free mediums!

My wife and I are in the health and beauty niche! She braids hair. so what we do is place ourselves on craigslist every single day. We target moms that want their childrens hair braided!

and we just speak their language in the ads just enough so to get them to want to visit our website and check us out!

We realize the conversation these moms are having with themselves in their owwn head! They are thinking:

1. Oh my God I want my child looking and feeling great but do not have time to do this.
    2. Man-o-man I could really use a break from the normal routine of braiding my child's hair.. It would sure be nice to find someone not too expensive to take care of this for me!
    3. Ohh My God I really do not want to do this I could so be doing other things..
    4. Man I do not know how to braid and my child has been looking crazy and I need some help!! Please God send me someone to help me!!

Just to name a few.. Sometimes 1 or more or all at the same time lol!

Also on the flip side we know that they are caring loving moms that would do anything to protect there children so they are also thinking!

1. Who Can I trust to let into my child's head?
    2. Who can solve my problem solve my problem?
    3. How much are they going to charge me?
    4. What will I get for my money?

So in all our marketing we speak language that taps into these conversations to pull them out of their head and let them know that we are here to help! U might be surprised that people are always lost in their own world of thoughts!

Even if you see them smiling, waiving, and walking around or even talking to you! They are still thinking about something else. I mean don't you?

So anyway as I was saying we speak there language offering a solution to their problems and they don't have any problems coming out of there pockets for this solution!

If you have what solves peoples problems even the recession wont hold you back!

Here is a couple links so you can get an idea of how the ads flow with the site thats all geared up to speak to our target audience!

http://killeen.craigslist.org/bts/2171837901.html (just posted this morning)

http://killeen.craigslist.org/bts/2170416892.html (another great example)

http://killeen.craigslist.org/bts/2163066461.html

http://killeen.craigslist.org/bts/2151240121.html

There is a few great examples! I post in other sections as well. As always I hope you find value in my words! Feel free to keep the questions rolling you guys have made this is a great topic! :)

God Bless!

IHustler, Jan 21, 2011 IP
  13. IHustler

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    barlettaborn, jahson01, and peteisneat09 you guys are all right on point!! Thanks for participating :))))))))

14. coxmg

coxmg Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your ads, I forgot that craigs list is free for ads, very cool!

I posted 2 or 3 of them and drove up my traffic by like 5 visitors lol.

coxmg, Jan 21, 2011 IP
  15. IHustler

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Awesome! and remember the key is to be consistent! Know your audience, tap into the problems they are discussing in their head thats where they will listen to you! and commit to being consistent! When I first started I think I was getting less than five lol.. You have to remember these are real people and they have to trust you! The best way to gain that initial start of trust is to show them you are serious about what you are doing and not just a fly by night spammer!

16. thor2006

thor2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    that's a great stuff...i'm good at cut and paste..it works

thor2006, Jan 21, 2011 IP
  17. Beatriz Cruz

Beatriz Cruz Guest

Best Answers:
    Do you make all the writings yourself? Just wanted to let you know that "waist" in your thread should be spelled 'waste'. take traffic building slowly but surely. It can be troublesome if someone is thinking of an overnight success with getting traffic.

Beatriz Cruz, Jan 21, 2011 IP
  18. IHustler

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank you for the correction! However I purposely end up leaving a few grammar errors and spelling mistakes!! Simply because our goal is to appeal our real side to people even our imperfections! Now for the most part I am a great speller and really into grammatical correctness however I am not a perfect speller! SO when I go back and real and spot or not spot a mistake I leave it there! I also want ne marketers to pick up on this so they too can realize hey this person is doing it and they're not perfect!! "MAYBE I CAN TOO"!! :)

So I present great info in a format that seems doable for even a new marketer! I mean think about it! If you are new, maybe even a vet, and if you see this info and it has been extremely helpful to you and you gained extreme value from it and the info isn't even grammar/spelling perfect that would hit you with a different revelation right or right??

This new marketer may begin to further realize that they can really do this! They don't have to be perfect, they just have to get going! :)

Most time it is not the "how to" and "best way to" questions we ask! In other words most times we have gotten a great understanding of what to do we just need to get the thing rolling!! We just have to have the passion, patience, and drive to get committed enough to set a realistic action plan for ourselves and then "ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK" until we get where we want to go!

When we get to a point where we need to re-adjust, quickly make the adjustments and continue to thrive! :))))))

I'm talking to me here on this one especially! As much success as I have had from time to time I still fight with the "procrastinator" and especially the "second guess" monster!

As I have learned with any monster that comes your way you can most definitely tame them with your "creativity sword"! You just have to find your passion, keep building your believe, and most important believe that you deserve to be successful at this!! Say this to yourself 7 times! "I Believe In Myself and I Deserve To Be Successful" Now don't you feel better already?

If you have found this at all valuable so far would you be willing to post a thread linking to this post I would definitely love more insight from other marketers!

IHustler, Jan 22, 2011 IP
  19. IHustler

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank you very much!! Copy and paste sure does work and eventually you will figure out how to incorporate your flavor into it! :)

IHustler, Jan 22, 2011 IP
  20. BrianTubbs

BrianTubbs Peon

Best Answers:
    For those who want to brush up on their copywriting skills, grab a copy of Dan Kennedy's "The Ultimate Sales Letter."

BrianTubbs, Jan 25, 2011 IP