1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I just released my site and would like feedback and marketing ideas

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Globaltechnj, Jan 16, 2011.

I just released a site focused on saving money locally. I'm based in toms river nj. I'm not trolling for users. But I would like to take my site and users to the next level and make it national. Please review it and any comments would be much appreciated. The site is www.saveintown.com again I am NOT self promoting. Just very interested to get feedback.

Globaltechnj, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  2. 1kaday

1kaday Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dear Globaltechnj,

Here are a few points which I hope help you improve your site:

-Homepage
    You need a 'bate' > a free ebook ,video, ecourse etc. People don't give their email so easily these days.

-Get an SSL certificate from your hosting provider so that your users feel more secure to put in their log in details. This has become an industry standard and shouldn't cost you much.

-Password - should provide feedback if you haven't put enough characters (Ex. 'Passwords are minimum 6 characters')

Confirmation email
    Ended up in my spam folder. I would encourage you to use a decent autoresponder to send emails and avoid them being flagged as spam. You can use Listwire.com for free.

After registration
    -After user has confirmed, provide a welcome message.

-Offer new users a tour around the site so they learn how to use it.

-If it's a social site, make it more interactive. You can tell new users, for example "Jane has just saved $50". The social aspect is still weak in this site. Draw social inspiration from sites like Facebook, analyze them and see what makes them so attractive to people. Go to Coupon sites such as Retailmenot.com and see how they really make you want to pick up one of their coupons.

-There's nothing wrong with the clean look you've chosen but I believe you need that extra 'spice', maybe a featured section, maybe a counter telling users how much has been saved already,(Go to Clickbank.com and see the counter they're using as an example). Maybe a warm color like red or pink could add a bit of spark.

-People are lazy these days. Make it super easy for them to actually use the saving information. Don't simply send them to another site, you want to keep them in your network. Instead give them the option to instantly copy the coupon to the clipboard and order the item straight away.

-Add attractive images and logos of the items on offer.

Hope that helps
    Adam:)

1kaday, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  3. pesnax

pesnax Peon

Best Answers:
    Do people already know what it is your site is offering before they visit the page? The reason I ask is that if they don’t the main page don’t tell so much about what they get.

pesnax, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  4. TelVPS

TelVPS Peon

Best Answers:
    Agree with pesnax, there needs to be some sort of explanatory lead-in to get people interested. Also '1-click registration' would be a major boon to a site like this.

TelVPS, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  5. GoMadden

GoMadden Peon

Best Answers:
    Your "what. how. why" doesn't look like a link. At first I thought there was no way to get any kind of information, then I realized that was a link to some.

GoMadden, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  6. Augra

Augra Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend elaborating more about what people can save on.

For example: Get the Best Savings on Shopping In Your Local Area.

I would study how Groupon did their web copy and model it (don't copy it) to suit your site.

Augra, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  7. aditd

aditd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Is this like a groupon clone ( by clone I mean the same concept )?

aditd, Jun 8, 2011 IP