1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google's Sandbox? Is it real?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by MMandYOu, Jun 9, 2008.

I have read a ton of articles telling how the sanbox effect isn't real and then some about how it is real. Some people wrote about how you shouldn't worry about the sandbox effect if your in a non-competitive keyword market but if your in a competitive keyword like "money" or "internet marketing", you will get sandboxed. I registered my domain a few days ago and I am ready to launch my website. My keywords have less than 100,000 google search results but I am worried that I will be sandboxed if I build too many backlinks too soon.

I plan on only adding PR3-4-5 links first to build credibility.

What are the odds of my website being sandboxed?

MMandYOu, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  2. Robert T

Robert T Peon

Best Answers:
    Call it what you like (I call it the sandbox) but Google does filter new domains in the SERPS (and more specifically, provides little love to links with NO age). The more competitive the niche the more severe then time period seems to be. For really competitive niche sites long tail less competitive phrases will begin to rank, followed by the competitive terms if your seo campaign is effective.

I think people interpret building links "too fast" as a sandbox filter when in reality it is a penalty for poorly designed spammy drop links anywhere and everywhere methods that trip other filters.

I think I have experienced longer sandbox periods without link building than with aggressive campaigns. Quality links and actually spending some money where Google thinks you should (yahoo directory, botw, business.com and the like) will not exempt you from the sandbox but it SOMETIMES seems to shorten the period. I say this with qualification because nobody can really tell you how long it will last.

I think its smart to build links with a lot of variety (anchor text and descriptive content around link) and include deep linking in your plans. Natural linking includes deep links, links to pictures people hotlink off your site if you have images, links without anchor text (just the url) etc. It's hard to make yourself waste a link by using anchor text that isn't specifically competitive so I usually reserve them for "less valuable pages and domains".

Robert T, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  3. carlg

carlg Peon

Best Answers:
    Some great thoughts Robert!!

Your last paragraph (mostly the last sentence) is a thought that you don't see mentioned very often and should be in every book.

Don't keyword spam your link text. In some places you should use the www. whatever . com as the link text to make it look more natural.

carlg, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  4. roy77

roy77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes it is VERY real. i just got my serps taken 100 positions down. it is a new website (3 months) so i assume its because of some sort of filtering on google's side.

the sandbox is there. only real GURUS know how to properly tackle it. you will be faced with the sandbox. my advice is that you don't buy links now. submit ur website to many directories and get some backlinks from articles, blogrolls, etc...
    buy links once you see you can use a small push, especially if we are talking about a very non competiive keyword with less than 100,000 competing sites.

Best of luck!

roy77, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  5. IPM

IPM Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought the sandbox was a period of time before a new site could get indexed. It seems some of you are interpreting it as a penalty for building links too fast. Maybe it's me that is wrong...

I can tell you there is definitely a period of time before a site can be indexed. As for link building too fast, I don't think you can get a penalty for that. The value of your links might however be decreased if you do something abnormal, and I suppose this might be interpreted as a penalty.

IPM, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  6. drvenom

drvenom Peon

Best Answers:
    yes Sand box is fucking real.I dont know how google wants us to look at it but maintaining the standards is quite tough.I had site where i was ranking in top page for almost 20 heavy keywords.
    And bamn next day i was out..
    Since then my site hasnt got traffic from Google

drvenom, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  7. poodle

poodle Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes 100% real although it does seem to differ for certain niches.

poodle, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  8. jeketb

jeketb Peon

Best Answers:
    choosing right niche will get u out from google's sandbox..that's what i think..(",)

jeketb, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  9. ranjuse

ranjuse Banned

Best Answers:
    Its a truth........ Do slow SEO.... Write article for each page ... and use text link in it as your targeting keryword....

You will come up slowly..........

ranjuse, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  10. tzh

tzh Guest

Best Answers:
    well....me too,in the sand box,I think we are in the same box ~~ Lol
    I copy 1000+ of video every days,and no original article ~~

Will I came out from the sand box ?

tzh, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  11. tzh

tzh Guest

Best Answers:
    I played sand box when I was kid ~
    [​IMG]

tzh, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  12. Robert T

Robert T Peon

Best Answers:
    The sandbox isn't something that prevents a site from being indexed. It is a ranking penalty for new domains.

Robert T, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  13. abdul.pcet

abdul.pcet Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah..i agree..

abdul.pcet, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  14. drvenom

drvenom Peon

Best Answers:
    thread closed/

drvenom, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  15. jaymeds

jaymeds Peon

Best Answers:
    constant additional content will help
    and rather than building site to completion then submitting to google
    better to submit site and then build it and start SEO from beginning also,
    this way google will see the site grow and it makes it look more active and natural
    and once site is complete, weekly newsletter emails(also stored as blog) or blogs or forums are good additions to ensure new unique content is added on a regular basis

jaymeds, Jan 23, 2011 IP