1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PC vs Console games?

Discussion in 'Games' started by cikasaso, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Narutopedia

Narutopedia Peon

Best Answers:
    Console Advantages
    The most obvious advantage consoles have over PCs is cost. The majority of consoles sell for well under $500, often with a couple games in the bundle. A PC adequate for running the latest games can easily cost twice that much.

The second most obvious advantage is simplicity. Let's face it, PC gaming can be a technical nightmare compared to console gaming. People can actually take a console home and be playing a game within minutes. No operating systems to configure or drivers to update, and better still, no purchasing a game only to find out that it isn't compatible with your PC for some obscure reason.

Multiplayer gaming is also made easy with companies like Microsoft offering online services for their product. The Xbox, which came equipped with a network card, raised the bar for consoles in this regard, making it a simple matter to hook it up to a DSL or Cable Internet connection and get into a multiplayer game on Xbox Live, complete with voice chat.

Another appealing thing about consoles is that many people prefer to play games sitting on the couch, or they want to play with friends in the same room. While these things are possible on a PC, consoles are extremely well-suited for this right out of the box.

Console games are more readily rented than PC games, and more easily returned to the retailer if you're not satisfied with them. Generally speaking, it is difficult to return PC games because they are easy to copy.

Console games tend to have a relatively low learning curve. You might need fast thumbs, but you certainly won't need to spend hours in a "tutorial" trying to learn how to operate basic game functions.

Console Disadvantages
    Although sealing everything into one unit does keep it simple, when some of the components inside the box become dated there's no way to solve the problem without replacing the entire console. In most cases, upgrades that could prolong the life of the system are not an option.

Consoles perform only one task really well, where PCs can be used for an extremely wide range of things. Some console manufacterers are trying to make them a little more flexible, but it will clearly be a long time before they support the staggering variety of applications that can be found for PCs.

There is a distinct lack of inter-connectivity between the different console brands. Many games are available for one type of console but not others, and when it comes to online play, each is typically restricted to its own network. This means that people with Xboxes can usually only play against other people with Xboxes, so, for example, there is no way for console gamers to jump into a fray on one of the countless PC Counter-Strike servers available. The PS2 has made some progress in this area, forging the way for cross-platform gaming between PS2 and PC users, but only a few titles support this right now.

While the PS2 network adapter supports both 56K modem and broadband connections to the Internet, broadband is required for Xbox online play. As well, Microsoft charges a yearly fee for use of the Xbox Live service.

Narutopedia, Dec 17, 2010 IP
  2. NuLLByTe

NuLLByTe Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I never liked consoles... I consider them to have limited controls... I prefer a mouse+a keyboard :)

NuLLByTe, Dec 18, 2010 IP
  3. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    to play PC games you will need a powerful gaming PC else you will see games slowing down. You will need to spend as much as $1000 to get this built along with the graphics card. The graphics card should be quite a powerful one and you will need to spend further The prices today which i inquired about $600 for intel i7 process + motherboard alone is really costly. it would be better off to buy a PS3 console (about $500) and one or two game titles approx ($60). In the long run i feel that investing in consoles can save you money, which is my personal opinion.

olddocks, Dec 18, 2010 IP
  4. Bishop Green

Bishop Green Peon

Best Answers:
    Console games are so much better..........

Bishop Green, Jan 3, 2011 IP
  5. School Games

School Games Peon

Best Answers:
    I enjoy playing on my PSP because i can take it everywhere. So If i have a little time free i play one quick game

School Games, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  6. toyfoss

toyfoss Member

Best Answers:
    I enjoy playing on PC but i think console is better as you dont need to upgrade everytime a new games comes in like you need to do for your pc

toyfoss, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  7. aaricmartin

aaricmartin Guest

Best Answers:
    I like console games

aaricmartin, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  8. ElliotMajor

ElliotMajor Peon

Best Answers:
    The main advantage to console is They are built to handle the games! Whereas PC can under perform, though PCs have much more options for control. I prefer console game mainly because I don't have to fork out on upgrading my PC whenever a new game i want has higher requirements.

ElliotMajor, Jan 7, 2011 IP
  9. lastposterofthisthread

lastposterofthisthread Member

Best Answers:
    I used to prefer PC before I ended up being lured and buying both Xbox 360 and PS3. I prefer PC for NFS only ( although seldom for GTA 4 ) I play most of the games on console. Graphics and processing speed is surely a constraint on gaming consoles and are much superior on PC, but trust me once you get addicted to console gaming you will starting using your PC for everything except for gaming from that day onwards.

lastposterofthisthread, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  10. lhayashi

lhayashi Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer console games

lhayashi, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  11. digster

digster Peon

Best Answers:
    Pc and consoles were at a level playing field a few yrs back..now its consoles all the way...

digster, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  12. y2kyasir

y2kyasir Member

Best Answers:
    definitely a pc i never play consoles

y2kyasir, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  13. jatrasmara

jatrasmara Peon

Best Answers:
    i choose pc game, it nice on graphic :)

jatrasmara, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  14. KahWhyC

KahWhyC Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer the PC because you can do so much more with it compared to a console.

KahWhyC, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  15. mrandrei

mrandrei Peon

Best Answers:
    PC games. Lots of them can be downloaded online for free. :)

mrandrei, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  16. ExaMike

ExaMike Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer pc games

ExaMike, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  17. Sherlin.Austin

Sherlin.Austin Peon

Best Answers:
    PC games are always best.... :)

Sherlin.Austin, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  18. EricBruggema

EricBruggema Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I almost always choose for my DESKTOP coz it offers so much more then the Console games...

EricBruggema, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  19. powcent

powcent Peon

Best Answers:
    I play PC games. My PS3 broke, and 2 of my Xbox360's broke. Right now I'm playing FSX acceleration, and COD MW2.

powcent, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  20. swiftsaves

swiftsaves Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    console games are awesome .On pc you will get glitches ,errors also graphic is not good enough as consoles .

swiftsaves, Jan 18, 2011 IP