1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please "Review" my website review site

Discussion in 'Websites' started by hodedofome, Oct 12, 2006.

Any criticism would be appreciated! We're trying to find and review the best sites on the 'net, and I know that's really broad but right now we're focusing on technology, apparel, home, travel, fun & interesting sites.

GooderSites.com

Aaron

hodedofome, Oct 12, 2006 IP
  2. rosiee007

rosiee007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The site looks really good and also the idea. How do you go about finding 'good' sites? Do people submit their websites for review or do you find high PR websites yourself?

rosiee007, Oct 12, 2006 IP
  3. delhi.seo

delhi.seo Peon

Best Answers:
    I am sorry!! But I am unable to understand theme of your site and from SEO point of view it really needs some serious attention!!

delhi.seo, Oct 12, 2006 IP
  4. hodedofome

hodedofome Peon

Best Answers:
    Basically I've been an internet geek for a while now and I stumble upon good websites and felt like others could benefit from these websites. However they would never find them on their own. How many people know about fatwallet.com, or overstock.com, zoho.com, or the ebay store where you can get top-quality mattresses for 1/3rd the price? It's basically my bookmarks put on a website. I think these are cool sites that offer a great service or value and other people, like my mom, would enjoy if they ever knew about them. We have a submit button for people to send us a site we haven't found, but most everything on there is stuff I find while cyber-slacking at work.

5. hodedofome

hodedofome Peon

Best Answers:
    I realize that. I know NOTHING about SEO and I'm hoping to learn by coming to this site.

6. mrfemale2003

mrfemale2003 Banned

Best Answers:
    I agree, your site needs help with SEO. Also, your index page seems to be an all ads type of site.

mrfemale2003, Oct 12, 2006 IP
  7. hodedofome

hodedofome Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, after your comment it does seem to appear ad-only. That's not our intention, however. What do you think, a clean front-page that says what we do before you get in to what the content is? Only thing is we're starting all of our sites as blogs because it's easiest, quickest and simplest. Any suggestions?

8. mrfemale2003

mrfemale2003 Banned

Best Answers:
    hodedofome,

What is your site about? Once I understand that part, I'll be more than happy to make better suggestions.

mrfemale2003, Oct 12, 2006 IP
  9. hodedofome

hodedofome Peon

Best Answers:
    It's about finding and briefly describing good, cool and fun websites that people may or may not have heard about. Basically a directory of "gooder" websites. I'm thinking of people like my mom, or sister-in-law, or friends that don't spend all day on the internet and subscribe to rss feeds of techcrunch, slashdot and others. Instead of asking some geek "hey what's a good site to go to in order to find________" they can just go to goodersites. Is that a good discription for ya?

10. react

react Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you could really have something, but the problem is you are using incorrect terminology both in your tag line and for the domain. I know for the domain it may be necessary, but "goodest" in your tag line might throw some visitors off. Overall its clean, but you may want to put some additional static elements into the design.

react, Oct 13, 2006 IP
  11. daboss

daboss Guest

Best Answers:
    very nice layout and design... :D

my only comment related to design is your header - i'd suggest adding a left border and a right border. at the moment, it looks like it's chopped off abruptly... ;)

daboss, Oct 13, 2006 IP
  12. mabel01

mabel01 Banned

Best Answers:
    i like the idea of your site.. i also like the design.. it's really nice:)

mabel01, Oct 13, 2006 IP
  13. toddc

toddc Member

Best Answers:
    I think you need a clearer explanation on the home page as to what your site is about. I like the concept, but what's good to one person isn't good to another. Describe what your guidelines are ... how you choose one site over another ... whether you have a particular "niche" as to your selections.

toddc, Oct 19, 2006 IP