1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are there any alternatives to adsense to use on a marijuana based website?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by GReddy4u, Jan 16, 2011.

Since adsense and adbrite do not allow sites based on marijuana to contain their ads, I'm looking for an alternative. I honestly don't understand why it's not allowed seeing as my site was accepted by adsense and google has tons of marijuana ads. Why do support text/image advertisements by allowing them to be placed on sites if they don't condone such activity? Wouldn't this bring in more money for google?

Thanks in advanced.

GReddy4u, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  2. shtaps

shtaps Peon

Best Answers:
    Not sure about their official stand about the herb but I think you are getting rejected because you don't have a privacy policy. Read their requirements before you apply. On the side note look at the sites on top of your niche and copy their monetization strategy.

shtaps, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  3. efyoo2

efyoo2 Peon

Best Answers:
    It already looks like you have a few medical marijuana related affiliates.

efyoo2, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  4. GReddy4u

GReddy4u Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well according to googles and adbrites terms of service: illicit drugs/marijuana/anything illegal/promoting of herbal drugs/etc is NOT allowed under any circumstances, I've even contacted them as many others have. It seems most marijuana sites have gone the affiliate route which is what I decided to have anyways.

@efyoo2 Yes, I do...but I'm looking for something similar to adsense. Banner ads, text ads that I can blend in. Affiliate selling on a marijuana site is far more difficult than most niches.

GReddy4u, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  5. efyoo2

efyoo2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Let me know if you find anything similar to adsense. I am definitely interested. I will do the same.

efyoo2, Jan 17, 2011 IP