1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

.Com or .TV

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Luckysacrifice, Jan 16, 2011.

I am starting a website where you can watch family guy online for free, The keywords that i want in my domain are not available in a .com domain so i am wondering if i should just register that domain but with the .tv extension, Do you think that i am better finding different keywords which are available in .com ?

Do you think that .com domains rank higher in search engines and get more traffic then .com domains? I just want to make sure that i won't be missing out on good traffic by registering a .tv domain, maybe some people will forget that it is .tv and type .com and they will see another website and think it is mine or think we closed.

I don't know what to do because i can't think of any good keyword .com domain for a family guy website,

Luckysacrifice, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  2. AdamFL

AdamFL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    .com for sure but keep in mind that Family Guy is a copyright material.
    Good luck

AdamFL, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  3. skylineleong

skylineleong Peon

Best Answers:
    You can add-in "E+ keyword.com" or "I+ keyword.com".

skylineleong, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  4. Luckysacrifice

Luckysacrifice Peon

Best Answers:
    Family guy is a copyright material, but i wont be hosting any of the episodes on my server itself, The website will simply contain embed codes which lead to other sources, There are also hundreds of other sites out there that are very popular, so i think before i would get in trouble that they would close the big ones down first, and if there is a problem they would just contact who ever is hosting the episodes and get them removed for infringement.

Luckysacrifice, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  5. Cheat

Cheat Peon

Best Answers:
    .TV domains make sense for all things animation then .COM domains.

When users see a .TV address, they know they're accessing a destination that's alive, active and compelling compared to .COM

Cheat, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  6. Luckysacrifice

Luckysacrifice Peon

Best Answers:
    I just wish i knew how well .TV domains did in terms of SEO , I guess the only way to really know would be to purchase the domain, which isn't the right time for me.

Luckysacrifice, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  7. efyoo2

efyoo2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Why are you asking about this? Didn't you just reply to a post asking people not to PM you for your contest in another thread?

So which is it? You are going to give people $1 or you will take their ideas and purchase a domain on your own?

efyoo2, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  8. Luckysacrifice

Luckysacrifice Peon

Best Answers:
    I am allowed to ask what i want and it is none of your business, My threads are my threads and you mind your own business.

If i have a question to ask i will ask it, and a kid like you isn't going to stop me. If i were to purchase a domain on my own, It would be MY choice and none of your business, also if i am buying a domain name then it is my choice, and not one of the suggestions someone gave me. If i chose a suggestion that someone gave me, then whoever suggested it will get the $1, Now please if you would mind your own business and keep out of my threads. Stalker.

9. efyoo2

efyoo2 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is nothing wrong or kid like for stating the facts. I'm just letting everyone aware of scam. "Give me domain ideas" now it's "what domain should I buy".

Everyone needs to be mindful of people like you that are here to take advantage and not offer help.

Enjoy your day.

efyoo2, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  10. Luckysacrifice

Luckysacrifice Peon

Best Answers:
    You must be really stupid, You are trying to say that i am a scammer because i made a thread asking which is better .com or .tv

I don't know if you are poor or something but $1 is not much to me, at all. I am allowed to pay $1 for someone to suggest me a domain name, and i am also allowed to ask which domain i should register, .com or .tv - What if someone made me a suggestion in .com and i realised .tv would be better for this kind of website, I would still pay him his $1 since he suggested the name, The extension i chose doesn't matter, Now this is your last warning to stay out of my threads.

11. efyoo2

efyoo2 Peon

Best Answers:
    $1 is not a lot of money. I give more to bums on the street.

Just like you can make a thread about any topic, I can post in threads. You have been advised.

efyoo2, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  12. sitearena

sitearena Peon

Best Answers:
    If .COM available then take it and also register .TV and host your website on .TV and make a redirect on .COM.

sitearena, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  13. Luckysacrifice

Luckysacrifice Peon

Best Answers:
    I think i will just focus on a .com for now

Cool story