1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Comes After You Publish a Great Article on Your Blog?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by cmorley, Jan 17, 2011.

The title says it all. So what comes after you click the "Publish" button on your blog. You took a few days to write a wonderful piece of article and you believe it will be resourceful for many...

In this thread I want to ask you, what do you do next?

Do you go and Tweet it on Twitter?

Do you bookmark it on all sort of social bookmarking sites?

Do you send an email out to your email subscription?

What have you done that has made the most impact on bringing more traffic to your fresh content?

I didn't want to make this a poll because I want you to be creative with your answers.

I am doing a survey for my blog and would appreciate all of your insights so that I can share it with the readers here an also the readers on my blog.

I had many people complain to me on my blog that they are not getting traffic to their well written article on their blog. They put in so much effort and time into it and then when no traffic shows up, they are very disappointed.

If you are someone with a huge twitter account and a strong Digg account, you could probably pull in ton of traffic...

BUT what should an average Joe do after publishing some great content?

What advice would you give someone?

How do you drive traffic to your fresh content?

Would be happy to engage all of you on this. I will share my method along the discussion.

This will really benefit a lot of people on DP as well.

cmorley, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  2. businessman413

businessman413 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you write a great article why not share it with as many people as possible. Post it in article directories. It's not going to hurt anything. Also, if you could pick a nice keyword to write your article about, that may get you a few more visits.

businessman413, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  3. junosama

junosama Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like to post to all my social profiles and also do some social marketing on sites like stumbleupon and digg. I keep my article directory articles separate. I dont like to publish my blog content in other places.

junosama, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  4. Amy Garrizon

Amy Garrizon Peon

Best Answers:
    I post it on twitter, this way my post is indexed faster and my readers have something new and interesting to read.

Amy Garrizon, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  5. cmorley

cmorley Peon

Best Answers:
    If you post the same article on article directory, you are going to essentially duplicate your content. You will lose the value of the content on all fronts. This may send you some short term traffic but will weigh you down in the long-term.

Social profiles are the best way to go. Definitely should keep the content separate from article directory submissions.

Amy - how soon do you get it indexed?

cmorley, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  6. pradiprg

pradiprg Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do not feel submitting the same article to directories could be of any help- most probably it may be rejected by high ranking directories as duplicate work. Tweeting it all right.

pradiprg, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  7. cmorley

cmorley Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely. It will not only be rejected BUT if accepted it will probably make you lose your SE value on your original blog post.

What else do people to do promote their content?

How do you bring the necessary visibility for your fresh content?

cmorley, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  8. Adnan959

Adnan959 Member

Best Answers:
    I keep the content of my website and the content on article directories separate mainly due to content duplication etc. I like to blast away on Facebook and Twitter, I email my subscribers of the new content and also add the links to social bookmarking websites. Also, to attract traffic I write brief articles and submit these which covers the topic on a general level.

Further - lets not forget how the search engines need to be made aware, so submitting fresh sitemaps to Google, Yahoo and Bing helps a lot too.

Adnan959, Jan 18, 2011 IP