1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bing is getting strong

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by petszilva, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Excel 8

Excel 8 Guest

Best Answers:
    bing always show as the 3rd source of traffic when it comes to search engine... so I guess bing is still the same.

Excel 8, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  2. rakesh.tcy

rakesh.tcy Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, Bing is going to be strong, even the traffic at bing is more than that of Yahoo.

rakesh.tcy, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  3. signity

signity Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think Bing would be able to beat the Google in future. Google! is best and still unbeatable.

signity, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  4. DigitalMagician

DigitalMagician Peon

Best Answers:
    I try use bing image search + google image search for 4 season wallpaper, funny thing in Bing doesn't give me the result I wanted + even the image I wanted to look it will show me that the webmaster had removed it. Folks who say Bing is stronger can you give some example? So far I just see all of them keep saying traffic from bing increased to their blog is the main reason they agreeing bing is strong.
    http://www.imageof.net/wallpaper/Four-Seasons/
    Code (markup):
    Here is the Bing bring me to which is the removed image. Yeah getting strong because bring visitor to one of your site that like the one I mention? Not related result.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
    DigitalMagician, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  5. zoritza_p

zoritza_p Banned

Best Answers:
    Absolutely agree with the post. Bing is developing, and it is bringing higher traffic to many websites, even in comparison with google.
    This is my point of view. Google is just losing from too many natrive searches, which is not good for webmasters

zoritza_p, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  6. DjChugg

DjChugg Active Member

Best Answers:
    DjChugg, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  7. DigitalMagician

DigitalMagician Peon

Best Answers:
    Doesn't show a very significant increase in traffic but there are some group of people who benefit from the traffic and claim it's getting stronger. I mean, at least if you want to discuss a search engine getting stronger, try compare the fact on the accuracy of result & functions. It shld not because Bing bring more traffic to your site and consider it's a good engine.

DigitalMagician, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  8. glacey

glacey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Have to agree with this, plus Bing indexed my sites a lot quicker than Google

glacey, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  9. swiftsaves

swiftsaves Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google rules on web .Just showing nice back grounds doesn't make a search engine famous .we hardly get any visitors from Yahoo and bing .Always from google ,thats why we suggest google to all of our clients for optimisation their website .

So your impression is wrong mate .

swiftsaves, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  10. Riboflavin

Riboflavin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Strong in what way? Having a better search engine or having more traffic? It still falls short of Google and Yahoo for me in terms of traffic.

Riboflavin, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  11. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    You heard wrong.

drhowarddrfine, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  12. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Wrong! Yahoo has more than twice as many visitors as Bing and Bing is nothing. Anyone who thinks differently is only making wild guesses with no facts.

drhowarddrfine, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  13. echo_unlimited

echo_unlimited Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Still most of my traffic comes from Google. I rank highly in Bing for a good keyword term (First page result), yet I don't get that many visitors, where with Google, I rank somewhere on the 3rd page and get more traffic with them.

What makes a good search engine for webmasters though is if they can get traffic, Google offers this in a much higher volume than other search engines; which in turn makes it better for people who own websites. Though I guess there are some advantages to Bing, but the priority for websites is to get traffic, if the search engine isn't giving it to you, then what's the use?

Until other search engines can attract more traffic and users then and only then will these other search engines be as valuable to webmasters, in comparison to Google. Which seems from the majority of website owners, Google is the main source of traffic and the rest just give that little extra.

Though don't get me wrong. If you are gaining traffic from other search engines then I think that's great, but Google is more valuable since it does have a lot more users. - And in a likely case scenario if you ranked higher in Google for a search term then for the same search term in Bing, usually I've find when researching about this is that you'll gain more traffic with Google.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
    echo_unlimited, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  14. outofphaze

outofphaze Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm really getting most of my traffic from Google , and literaly drops from Bing, but consider, that there is nothing "special" you should do, in order to rank for "Google and not for Bing" , the same SEO rules apply everywhere. Maybe just little shifted balance of what Google/Bing consider important in your content.
    So what I'm saying - is Bing getting bigger or not - it does not matter for optimizer.

outofphaze, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  15. rain21

rain21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think they are becoming good, but not as fast as google..

rain21, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  16. diggs11

diggs11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes that is true Bing is getting improve and results are very good now......No 1 google & No 2 Bing....

diggs11, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  17. Amy Garrizon

Amy Garrizon Peon

Best Answers:
    I never used Bing and probably never will.... but I've read that they are trying to get into the game but they still have a long way, and I don't see them or yahoo being bigger then Google anytime.

Amy Garrizon, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  18. Joel Lopez M.

Joel Lopez M. Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't think so, maybe Bing have alot of commercial around there and that's why people use it.

Joel Lopez M., Jan 17, 2011 IP
  19. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    People don't like Bing. Well, at least the many many people I have talked to about it. Google is top dog and I don't see that ever changing.

indyonline, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  20. boy8888

boy8888 Peon

Best Answers:
    4 your answer . u can try to use bing to search . What you ll c . not good is this . whenever they are not good for user can not getting better

boy8888, Jan 19, 2011 IP