1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about writers and payments

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by sudhiros, Jan 15, 2011.

Hi

I am going to start a website based on theme of www.woot.com and www.bindaasbargain.com. This site sells one item every day

The item sells on two points

1. usefullness of item at its price
    2. the writeup about the item

If you check these websites, the writeup is so creatively written about the product that it impresses the buyer a lot

I was thinking of approaching 2 or 3 creative writers and send them the product details every day and request them to write about that, I will screen them all and will post or choose the one i like the most.

The one i choose, i pay to that writer. .

I am quite new to the community of the writers and hv no past experience of dealing with writers neither i know how this business works

So i thought it might be a right place for asking this question

Your suggestions will be highly appreciated

Thank you!

Sudhir

sudhiros, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  2. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    1. You're not going to get very many good writers to take this bait unless the payment you are offering is exceptional (read: substantial, a LOT). This is because you're asking them to write on speculation (read: free) with no promise of compensation. Would you work for free?

2. You're going to have to provide some assurance in regards to who retains the copyrights to the pieces you do not choose. If you do not pay for them, you certainly cannot expect to ever use them.

3. Unless you are prepared in terms of #1 and #2, expect to be knee-deep in rubbish that you cannot read, much less post on a website in good conscience.

Senobia, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  3. sudhiros

sudhiros Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, i was misunderstood, I never said "i want to do like this" all i was asking was "how should i proceed" that i can get two or more writers without having to pay for what i do not want to host on my website.

My opinion is that if i have 2 or more person to handle this job, it will get a variation of ideas, i m not undermining or doubting the skills of either,

I am a proud indian but unfortunately i have been burnt several times with much below standard of writing.

I am not looking for "cheap writers" or "cheap articles" i m looking for a writer who can add to value of the product and hence the sales

I am only wanting to find a way which can help me do this project

I am once again sorry for not making myself clear

Thank you!

Sudhir

sudhiros, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  4. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My suggestions are:

1. Be content with them providing a sample they already have on hand, which they retain the copyright to OR
    2. Be willing to pay for samples.

Senobia, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  5. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    You are on a board right now where you can find people to write for you.

There is also http://www.wahm.com/forum/wahms-who-write-46/

It's a site stay at home moms who write go to.

They write for $12 to $20 a piece.

They may be able to help you with that second site of yours.

Also do a search on Demand Studios.

It's an article farm that hires people to write short articles for around $15.

Do a search for such writers.

You can get halfway-decent content for under and no more than $15 a piece.

Ask for samples of their past work, along with sending you a partial sample of what you need. If you like what you see, then pay them.

It's simple, really.

Perry Rose, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  6. sudhiros

sudhiros Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your suggestion, i can really see good writers out here, i think i should PM them, because i m too scared to put a WTB in the trade section, i do not want to hire $0.01 a word or lower kind of writers, i can write better than them . . i want some one who wants to have fun with English . . be it or not a native english writer. .

Thank you all !!

sudhiros, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  7. Rylandes

Rylandes Peon

Best Answers:
    Demand studios seems like a good place to earn some more, too bad they don't welcome international member yet.

Rylandes, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  8. SniperUK

SniperUK Peon

Best Answers:
    Why would anyone want to write on your website. They obviously want to get paid for their content, unless your site is an article directory and you allow a resource link back. Even this there are so many high ranked article directories, it would be very difficult market to break into.

SniperUK, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  9. Augra

Augra Member

Best Answers:
    Demand Studios doesn't hire people to write for others. They hire people to write for their own content sites so they can earn from Adsense.

For you, I recommend going through Textbroker to write your content. This is a place where you can get articles written by people who reside in the United States only, and you can pay as little as $2 per article and you can detail how often the keyword needs to be in the content, the tone of your article, etc.

The writers are all assigned a category level. 2 being the lowest, 5 being the highest. The higher the rating, the better the writer, and the more they cost. If you find a favorite writer you like, you can submit direct orders to that person. She or he can charge as much as 5 cents a word of which Textbroker tacks on another 30% for their staff commission.

Professional freelance writers will not typically settle for anything less than $20 an article. For the amount of time to research and write the article -- and they will do an excellent job -- you must be willing to pay much more.

Sales and web copywriters -- a whole lot more. Depending on how good the copywriter is, some earn as much as $300 an hour.

But for very small budgets, try Textbroker first. Or if you'd rather pre-define a budget and see who can bid down their prices to meet your needs, then you can try oDesk, GetAFreelancer, eLance, Rentacoder, etc.

But I think Textbroker will be more straight-forward and easier for you to get what you need done.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
    Augra, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  10. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    You're right, but a webmaster looking for a cheap writer can contact those who write for DS. They write for around $15 an article for DS, so many of them will write for others for the same price, if not slightly lower.

Perry Rose, Jan 18, 2011 IP