1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does article marketing work anymore?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by YMC, Jan 13, 2011.

1. holmie

holmie Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, I did find a few nuggets but the hype compared to the truth was sooooo vast. lol

holmie, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  2. holmie

holmie Peon

Best Answers:
    oops, sorry, my screen showed #31 as being the last post until I hit the enter button

holmie, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  3. GreenSmile

GreenSmile Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Lol it's the otherway around kids...I think I hit a nerve?

:D, by the way I'm not trying to build anything here I'm just havin fun with some feeble minded 12years olds.. so keep em comin. :D

GreenSmile, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  4. GreenSmile

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    ooppss I did'nt know you're still in junior high..sorry little boy...did I stepped on your toe? oh hey don't tell your dad okay here's some candy :rolleyes:

5. GreenSmile

Best Answers:
    Articles:

Oh hey I forgot to break it to you boy but in the real world... Nerds Ruless!! Nerds can buy your sorry "AZZ" rofl...oh tell you what okay I give up...you're right I'm one of the nerds hahahah!!!! and I can't wait to join Mark Zuckerberg, Bill gates, Shawn Fanning and blah blah blah hahah..adios kiddo!

6. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    I think all we have to do is let this kid keep posting. The more he posts, the more he shows what a fool he really is.

So far he's doing a bang up job.

Can't discount the free entertainment either. ;)

Perry Rose, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  7. GreenSmile

Best Answers:
    Articles:

Look who's talking! whammy hahaha can't stop laughin..rofl:p

8. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah by sitting around clicking on your own article or by buying clicks.

The industry standard for CTR is 1-3% . 3% being really good. Nice traffic nice content, etc. From my experience Ezine is pretty on par with this rate. When people start talking about CTRs higher then 3% I have a very hard time believing.

On the internet it is hard enough to get people to read an entire page much less click though a link. In the real world of internet marketing 3% CTR is good and people are very happy to archive this.
    But in the land of scams, cheesy ebooks, get rich schemes, everyone gets high CTR and becomes Rich..That's why they spend their days trying to sells cheap junk to noobs. I just read about some guy getting 65% CTR.. (the instructions are in his ebook):)

Warning- this post will be a spam magnet for crowds of experts and gurus who will say 3% CTR is nothing and they can archive so much more.

averyz, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  9. DPParadise

DPParadise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, will not post that screens, but I've got his below 10% CTR as well as upto 45% sometimes. I am talking about that bottom box in articles.

Where you get 1-3% CTR ? What kind of advertisement you mean there ? I am talking articles or landing pages, and my numbers and higher trully achievable. In case of landing pages instead of articles can be adwords ads leading to them, person read the LP and some very high percentage of them click to actual product behind landing page (LP).

Banners have below 0.5% CTR usually.
    Search ads, like 10% or so depending on positions etc.

Clicking your own article may not count lol cause of same IP.
    Buying clicks to article is not OK with Ezine, they will find out eventually and ban you.

if we talking about 3% CTR on article it means of 100 views click on the link in end of article, very very bad number, cause that box should continue article somehow (to read more, or learn about author, etc.)

DPParadise, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  10. DPParadise

Best Answers:
    I do not sell any ebook, haven't even buy them. Read some free ones and that's it.

11. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Affiliate programs, ad programs and other forms of legitimate advertising on the Internet have to have some realistic statistics because money changes hands for clicks. This is where the 1-3% comes from many charts statistics and conversion rates.

The problem with Ezine and article marketing is there is no system check stats it is just a bunch of internet marketers trying to sell junk advice filling threads on how higher their CTR rate is and everyone wants to be higher then the next guy so it turns into completely unrealistic numbers.

There are plenty of ways to buy clicks with different IP addresses for dirt cheap and it takes less then 20min to make a screen shot say what ever you want.

It just makes me wonder why people who can get 65% CTR and "know how to get rich" need to spend all day trying to scrounge $5 dollars sales on the forums? It is like buying get rich advice from a street coner vendor at the flea market. If they are rich why do they hang out on a street corner trying to hustle money?

averyz, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  12. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One of the gurus was offing $100 to anyone who followed his advice to the letter and didn't see his results. It just dawned on me how clever that offer is. Even if anyone could "prove" they followed his advice to the letter and actually received payment - the promoted article directory would gain anywhere from 100 to 500 (depending on the challenge offer) new, high-quality articles at a cost of 20 cents to $1 per article.

YMC, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  13. DPParadise

Best Answers:
    Ah, yea, but it's not CTR of articles, this is actual conversion rate of ecommerce, which is even from 0.5% to like 2%, 3% for non big brand - amazing.
    But it's people who buy, so let's say 1% conversion rate i.e. 1 out of 100 people bought. 20% CTR, 20 of 100 people clicked the link simply, not bought! And probably product promoted in end of article may have 1% conversion or so, so 5 times of that 20 people ...and 1 eventually buys:)

that big numbers meant for actual clicks, not sales.

14. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is in my experience about 1-3% CTR same as your average affiliate ads and other common links that are tracked, but like I said there is not any real legit numbers for CTR in Ezine, just hype from marketers with ebooks and advice for sale. And you are right that's not sales.. just CTR

The kind of traffic you are going to get though Ezine is not going to convert to any kind of profit. To get conversions and sell stuff you need traffic.. not just 300 people reading every article you post that’s just a waste of time.

Take 20 of those articles put them on your own website and get 300-3000UVs a day then you are in the realm of making some money. But just throwing stuff up on Ezine you are only building their site while they feed you a small little trickle of traffic for a few days then time to post another article. Talk about working for peanuts..

Just a thought.. Who really sits around and reads Ezine articles? I don't know of anyone.. Maybe they have a bot that goes through hits them so people will keep posting them? Wouldn't that be a big joke.. lol

averyz, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  15. DPParadise

Best Answers:
    Most of the people who do this ok with it, cause still they do not writers, but outsource it for like .13cpc in the end, lot of room for profit still. They obviously making profit, otherwise they (and me) wouldn't do it.

Who read ? People who was brought to article by some keyword article targets. Same SEO just with Ezine.

Own site is for sure better, problem is... Ezine pages much easier to rank in SERPS than some new domain. MUCH easier. And traffic will be more like 30/day on own domain at first cause of this.

16. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most all my views in Ezine came in the first week when the articles were on the top pages in Ezine after a week it dwindled to basically nothing. Same with most all the other acct I see at Ezine.

In the SEs Ezine will rank better then a lot of sites especially sites that you see being bought and sold around DP. But usually anything with any competition an Ezine article is going to be pages back. Then by the time someone is opening stuff pages back in the serps and they get to a outsourced article you can barley see though the surrounded ads to odds of them reading to the bottom and then clicking the link?

Your own site you have a site devoted to a niche, nice clean graphics and a nice easy reading platform. Ezine is just a big monster MFA site designed to dim out the main subject and make you click an ad. Basically you put an article on Ezine and you are in competition with their ads and your ad is on the very bottom. Stacked deck?

But on the internet their will always be 10s of thousands of people scrambling to chase the latest dollar when they get to a place they will over run it and ruin it. So like I said before I like when people chase wild geese it keeps them away from my stuff. Carry on there is gold at Ezine. lol

averyz, Jan 18, 2011 IP
    YMC likes this.
  17. CEILA

CEILA Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a feeling that there is an aspect of this conversation missing. A lot has been said about writing, SERP, and misappropriation of articles, but don't you guys think that there are significant differences between the article directories themselves? When I started article marketing, I submitted to just about any directory. With time I learned that some are better than others.
    I no longer submit to hundreds of directories but to about twelve of the best ones. The experience is quite rewarding and I enjoy every time I find one of my articles on someone else's Website. I never found one without my author's box.
    In my experience article marketing is second only to social network marketing.....

CEILA, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  18. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Ceila, no doubt each article directory is somewhat different in the quality control of the submitted articles as well as the return on each writer's investment. You point is certainly a valid one.

Would love to see some examples of how you used AM to promote one of your own sites and how your submitting to the article directory paid off for you. I've seen lots of folks claiming all sorts of things but haven't seen anything to support those claims. When I researched other articles I found only around 50% or so of folks who were actually keeping the author's box. I would hope to think in at least some niches folks using the articles are more honest than the ones I checked were.

YMC, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  19. CEILA

CEILA Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm in a rush right now and can't play with screenshots but I will tell you how I work. I write for the purpose of bringing attention to a particular Website or a section thereof. I also have a Google alert in place so I'm notified when my articles are re-published. Right now, I'm submitting to about 12 of the top-ranking directories and AM works very nice for me: I'm getting attention on the search engines immediately after each submission and then backlinks from those who re-publish my work. In other words, nice number of backlinks, all above board and nice traffic which otherwise wouldn't come to me. I'm all for AM: it's an investment that - in my experience - produces dividends forever.

CEILA, Jan 19, 2011 IP
  20. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Double post.

averyz, Jan 20, 2011 IP