1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does article marketing work anymore?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by YMC, Jan 13, 2011.

1. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You got 9% clicks on 2,434 views = 213 clicks on 16 articles..? So 13 clicks per article.

If an article goes for $5-$50 that is $0.38a click to $3.80 a click. How is that OK? Do you realize how unprofitable these statistics are?

I notice the link you have on your Ezine articles is a dead site on a parked page. And you send me a PM offering me marketing advice?

averyz, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  2. Jamaul Finley

Jamaul Finley Peon

Best Answers:
    Who's talking about playing for clicks?

I didn't mean to offend you nor am I selling anything at this point. Sorry you have to pay for your articles. It must really suck counting clicks. I never understood why you would leave it up to someone else to write articles for you. It's a much better investment to just spend that money becoming a better writer.

I am not paying anything for clicks. So yes, getting 213 clicks on 16 articles for free is not bad. Yes, they could be better, but hey its FREE traffic. When the site was up I actually made 9 sales of $47 info-product...again pure profit minus the 8 hours it took to write them. I got paid around $52 an hour to write those articles.

Jamaul Finley, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  3. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OK so you wrote the articles for your time 13 articles=10hours or so for 213 clicks? lol

People who can hardly write a sentence post a spam link on this forum and get 213clicks in a few hours. An Illiterate hack can work 2min for that amount of clicks.

If your site made so much profit why is it dead?

averyz, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  4. Jamaul Finley

Jamaul Finley Peon

Best Answers:
    Averyz,

You seem to have a great deal of passion. I can tell by your emotional posts. You know we are all here to learn and share. I didn't reach out to you in a cocky way projecting I knew more than you. I offered my thoughts, which Is what this forum is for. My PM to you was an effort to connect and possibly build a relationship, but you got all defensive about it. I'll leave you to yourself.

Have a good night. See you in the threads.

Jamaul Finley, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  5. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My posts are not emotional.lol I don't take anything in this forum "emotional" usally people claim posts are "emotional"or hateful to try to discredit them when they don't have a point to debate with. Lame play.

The only reson I am picking your posts apart is because we are on the subject of "Does article marketing work anymore?" I think they kind of "article marketing" you do Does Not work. You claim it does.

I will admit my debate etiquette on this thread is crude and very unpolished I am sorry for that. Your PM made me get the impression that you thought you were a Guru so I carried that impression into the thread, my bad.

But I hope you are not offended to much I think this thread has some decent info on it and people can read learn make decisions for themselves or maybe carry on the discussion further.

This seems like the same old Article Marketing Guru BS that is being sold all over the internet.. Someone makes fake conversions and sales claims to know the "secrets" will sell an ebook with the "key to success". Some people have nice sites with all sorts of smoke and mirrors but most are a few cheesy articles that they clicked the hell out of and a cheesy $15 temple website (or failed dead website in some cases)

Funny how to only people claiming a profit from dumping articles into directories are also selling ebooks how to do it. hmmm..?

averyz, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  6. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Jamaul, I for one would be interested in why, if this worked for you, you stopped. Seemed to be a trend I saw among the people touting article marketing as the way to make money - their accounts were abandoned and the sites they were promoting were gone.

I visited the WAHM forums last night and there were a few writers quite happy with Bukasa and Hubpages, both of which offer revenue sharing. Seemed to me the benefits of those two programs is that you can write about one topic today and another tomorrow without having to create an entirely different website. The disadvantage, of course, is that you are sharing the revenue generated by your writing. They did seem a better strategy than EZA and similar sites where you only get links and give up all of your copyrights. Seems, at first glance anyway, that the revenue share sites offer links from a well-traveled site, a bit of revenue sharing and eliminate the need to allow any schmuck to use your stuff for free. Successful writers explained how much they have to promote their own pieces in order to see measurable revenue returns - in the end it seems like it would be better to just use the stuff on your own site(s). Maybe using them with the attitude of guest blogging might be a better strategy than the strategies article marketing gurus promote.

YMC, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  7. Jamaul Finley

Jamaul Finley Peon

Best Answers:
    I stopped for the same reason averyz speaks about. I was learning how to do article marketing. That was my first stab at it. I followed the so-called gurus claiming they new the secret and while some things worked most of it was crap.

I also stopped because my mindset shifted from just trying to make a buck to providing value and being seen as a leader. It doesn't feel right to "lure" people in with a promise of learning something and only trying to upsell them to another product.

I decided to stop and actually learn something valuable, implement it and then share my results with others. That is why I have stopped everything, took down all my sites and now investing my time in learning how copywriting.

Most people are like I was. They are looking for the shortcuts, the secret or the missing tool and Gurus prey on that. The one thing that every marketer needs, but very few Gurus tell you is Copywriting and thats what I plan to learn and share to my niche, Network Marketers Trying to Recruit People Online using Internet Marketing.

This group is infamous for wild claims and majority lack the know how to actually make it online.

TRUCE Averyz.

Jamaul Finley, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  8. holmie

holmie Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, this was and is a refreshing read, I am totally new but I too hate the oceans of deception that's out there. I commend you guys for trying to be on the up and up and offering something of value. I foolishly bought some of those WSO's from the "Warrior Forum" hook, line, and sinker. I just couldn't believe that all those people in the forums with the glowing testimonies were in on the newbie exploitation. You get hit with two pre-sells with one that comes to your email. By the time you(I should say newbie) sees the product, it almost glistens with stardust!! lol Anyhow, I'm thankful for this place!

holmie, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  9. DPParadise

DPParadise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    averyz, you are quite wrong, many people outsource articles for let's say $4 per each or so. Depending on the size. His 9% CTR is quite low, 2-3 times more can be done easily. He maybe doing something wrong. Let's take 20% CTR, $4 per 450 word article, 10 articles overall. So.... it's $40 bucks, with let's say 150 vies in average per article (with some social bookmarking links promotion (free one) or so). So 1500 views, 300 clicks for $40 bucks. It's like 0.13 cpc for pretty targeted traffic for promotion of some products. Quite well math you know;)

DPParadise, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  10. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Jamaul, it isn't working for you, period. If so, that dead site of yours would still be active if it was making you money.

No offense, I don't mean to attack, but you have to be honest. Like you are doing already, learn as much as you can, and start from scratch.

YMC, if you aren't already doing this, have ya ever posted in high-ranking arts and crafts boards?

There has got to be a lot of such sites out there.

How about contacting high-ranking sites to exchange articles, quick tips?

I'm sure many would like your ideas, and vice versa.

There are a lot of sites that don't focus on your subject, but they have (other subjects) subdomains in their site to bring in more repeat readers, so that may be a lead for you...I don't know....

You could also pitch an idea to them to write for them on a regular basis if they do not have such a category.

There are many, quality, ways to get links, besides using directories and article dumpers.

Personally, I think directories and article dumpers are a waste of time, they are overrated.

Perry Rose, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  11. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    holmie, sorry to hear that den of thieves snookered you. Hopefully, you found a few useful nuggets among the pages of hype.

Perry, thanks for the ideas but this isn't about arts and crafts. lol. It's about a very different high-paying Adsense niche and some personal experimentation. Most of the sites in this niche are either true authority sites(the ones bidding for the clicks) or sites like mine. My competitors include a huge number of cookie cutter sites, some of which are filled with $4 or less pieces of gibberish and others pretending to be authority sites. In this particular case, it's extremely doubtful that the competition or the true authorities will exchange links with my site. There is one well-researched piece that is getting some traction as link bait but otherwise, it's a bunch of carefully crafted words simply designed to drive clicks. I've visited a number of the authority/high-ranking forums in the niche and they appear to have an exceptionally low tolerance for forum posting for SEO purposes. I was hoping the article directories would be a good alternative in this case as well as provide some insights into using AM for my other sites. Seems like they are a good option for single links but otherwise don't seem to offer much value.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
    YMC, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  12. GreenSmile

GreenSmile Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Jamual don't listen to losers...Lol...

This is entertaining...

GreenSmile, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  13. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    lol oh shit, lol okay.

Well, same principles, nevertheless, because you can still go through the back door, sort of speak.

Like I said:
    But it doesn't have to be on a regular basis. Obviously.

It could be commentary article, like, as an example, your post on "does article marketing work?"

And it doesn't necessarily have to be on relevant sites, either.

Subdomains can rank high when linked to the high-ranking homepage.

Look how many times we have seen an irrelevant article, or any kind of a piece, show on the first page of a search.

Look how many times a term that has nothing to do with copywriting show up in a search under this forum.

And look at all the sites that have subdomains that has nothing to do with the subject of the homepage.

With soooooo many subjects in it's site, maybe About.com has a place for your article.

You also have MSN, Yahoo....

There's such info sites as, eHow...

Write up an article that sort of matches the link you want to dispaly for the spiders.

You just need a link in their site, right? So....

Anyway...just random thoughts. I get like this now and then heh heh

Jesus, I talk too damn much.

No, I'm not drunk.

Yet.

Soooooo, what is this niche??? Hmmmmmm???

Yes, Jamual, like the little noobie, greensmile has chirped, don't listen to us.

14. GreenSmile

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    yeah sure whate ever you say genius...lol...I like your profile though it seems you made a lot...rofl

15. GreenSmile

Best Answers:
    Articles:

Lol.... WOw this guy is really top dog..lookie what have we here >>>>

You must be sooo proud of what you've achieved in this forum Perry:
    [​IMG]

I'm sure your other achievements are worthy to mention here...

I'de like to learn from you...LOL:cool:

16. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Uhhhh, you are welcome?

Glad I can help, noob.

Love the quote you did, when I'm just one post above you. ... I especially love the little screenshot. I'm so impressed by your skills.

Now, Richie, ask me if I care about points, scores, blue ribbons, and other such crap that you noobs and kids seem to care so much about.

Now go calm yourself down with a chocolate chip cookie and a glass of milk.

17. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, Greensmile, so smart and so dumb. Just about every writer here has done business via private message which is not recordable in the itrader system. Shawn wants to replace it completely because it's so easily spoofed by favor-based trades. :rolleyes:

Instead of making lame attacks why not show some proof of your article marketing prowess? Since you offer it as a service, you must have some metrics that you could share.

YMC, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  18. GreenSmile

Best Answers:
    Articles:

Rofl...I'm not attacking anyone..In fact I'm trying to defend Jamual, you guys ganged up on him...Besides I beleive in the saying that "Do not do unto others what you do not want others do unto you"

Lol everybody knows the Itrader scams that lurked around here BUT you can investigate and see what kind of people I have dealt with in this forum so I have nothing to prove to you (but I can coach you for a FEE...If you want?) and as far as I can recall forums are venue for friendly conversations and is a good medium to learn and not lambast a person who believes in something else...(just like what you guys did to Jamual.)

Oh well I'm not surprised you'de come to Perrys aid, are you guys neighbor or somethin?:

Nice Profile too!

[​IMG]

By the way you have no right to disregard and mock the Feedback system here I beleive in it and so does the other DP folks with good feedbacks and reputation.

Just keep this in mind buddy - Feedbacks = Reputation

I rest my case...Peace everyone ;)

19. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    We are not ganging up on him, you fool. Quite the contrary.

"I rest my case"???

Welcome to junior high school, everybody...presenting one of the nerds.

Um, son, I hate to break it to you, but, um, only the kids and clueless noobs think it really means something.

And from your posts (your screenshots are a hoot, but all that did was to make you look like a nerdy little fool), it sounds like you are both.

Yeah, uh, peace.

Sorry, YMC, but you know me, I have to put such idiots in their place. :p ;)

20. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We simply asked JF to back up his position. He willingly did so. No one attacked anyone. It seems like you, GS, are the only one wishing to fight here. Guess, we hit a nerve? You sell $3.50 articles written for article directory submission and even provide article submission services. Again, rather than provide any sort of metrics to promote your business and position in this conversation, you make personal attacks. Great strategy to build a business. :rolleyes:

As to reputation on DP, it is also measured in the form of those little green pips under our names. I too rest my case.

YMC, Jan 16, 2011 IP