1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Adsense Keywords and Backlinks confusions

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by muneeb younas, Jan 16, 2011.

Guys im new to adsense and earning stuff...i did alot of research and i had some questions wth me...hope dp members will help

1.In google adwords tool, there are some keywords that have cpc of 27$, does that mean we will get this amount for each click ?

2.In google adwords tool, they have a query about estimated clicks , Is that authentic! I mean if there is a global monthly search volume of 60 k for a keyword and tool says u will get 2 clicks per day....so 2 clicks only :( if this query is important than how many clicks u suggest whould be there ?

3.When we check the backlinks in yahoo, there are some links to the targeted page from other pages of site itself, do they count as backlinks and also there are some links to the site from like 20 pages of another site,Do they count as 20 backlinks or 1 ?

4.I read something about "no follow" links, how do we know that the backlinks shown in yahoo search are not "no follow" ?

5.If we post our website in directories,forums,articles than the each link from those websites count as backlinks ?

6.Regarding domain name , can we use blogspot or subdomains like co.cc as our domains for adsense , does this play some role in ranking ?
    If there is domain.com and there is domain.blogspot.com , Which will have a chance to rank high ?

7.Is it necessary that we should own a .com domain for our website and not a .info or .net ? does this have to do anything with rankings ?

8.For some keyword if there is a website at top 10 results with like 300 backlinks but the whole keywords are not targeted in its description eg .keyword is "free loans for cars" and only "loans and cars" is targeted in its description and domain, Can we compete with that website with 100 backlinks website and having all four words targeted in its descripton and domain ?

I would appreciate if some experienced guys answer ma questions :)

muneeb younas, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  2. jezzz

jezzz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Great to see you know such things about SEO and you must need to clarify the terms which you facing in process of learning and all.

1. The Google Adwords Tool shows you a rough estimated amount of the keyword, suppose if you have targeted any keyword so the amount will be shared as 60% and 40% ratio in which 60% will be earned by publisher and other will be reserved to Google.

2. These rates are not 100% authentic based on best bided criteria by Adwords advertisers.

3. For finding real backlinks that points towards the targeted website, you must use Inlinks then choose Except from Domain and then Entire Site. So you can find pure list of websites which are actually providing backlinks to the site.

4. Yahoo! Site Explorer only shows number of links there is no feature or concept of no-follow or do-follow in the list generation otherwise you can use any professional SEO tool for further refinement of those links.

5. Yup each one-way link towards the targeted website will be counted as backlinks if the specific pages of directories, articles, forums and blog do get crawled and indexed your link.

6. .Co.Cc is a website redirection system it only provides link direction system where as blogspot.com can facilititate you a proper sub-domain controlled blog and you can also rank them on search engines.

7. No, you can also use other TLD (Top Level Domains) like .net, .org, .info. The rankings wont effect the domain type although you must aware of using local regional based domains and free domain redirection system it will create hurdles ranking on global basis.

8. The number of backlinks and targeted description dont matter, the thing which makes big difference in search engine ranking is the matter of Content and Topic relevancy. Google last year launched Caffiene in which websites with high relevant user related content can find better position in terms of irrelevant and less related websites. In combination of quality content a bunch good backlinks can spice up specific targeted web page strength.

I hope this could help you to find out related answers for your concern topicc.

jezzz, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  3. jacktors

jacktors Peon

Best Answers:
    The google adwords tool is for the advertisers but as a publisher you can use it as a guide to which keywords should pay better. Here is how they define the estimated CPC The estimated cost-per-click (CPC) for your ad for the associated keywords. AdWords estimates your performance using a maximum CPC that is predicted to place your ad always in positions 1-3 with an unlimited budget to capture all available impressions.
    So that is the most an advertiser would have to pay for that keyword. As a publisher you will receive 40 or 60 percent (I forget which) of the amount paid for the ad which could be up to $27 in your example. So you never really know exactly how much you will get for a certain keyword but at least you can tell which keywords pay higher than others which should help a lot.

jacktors, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  4. muneeb younas

muneeb younas Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks alot jezz for the quality info and time u spent to answer.I have cleared many things, just need to ask some more

3.I couldn't understand clearly.If a single external website is providing links from its 20 different pages of the same website, Will they be counted as 1 or 20 backlinks for your site ?

5. If we can build backlinks with posting articles and writing blog comments easily than why do people go for buying backlinks and say it is very difficult do build backlinks....I mean if there is a website out there at top rank and it has only 100 backlinks and a moderate quality content........than i can take its place with building 100 + backlinks(requires a day to post in 100+ relevant websites) with a moderate quality content.

And ive got 1 more question that how can we determine that a particular backlink is contributing more than the rest of the backlinks( i mean the quality of a backlink is determined by what factors ?)....is there some kind of software u may suggest ?

And nice to see a country fellow :)

5. muneeb younas

muneeb younas Member

Best Answers:
    thanks jacktors for ur answer

6. Amy Garrizon

Amy Garrizon Peon

Best Answers:
    For cpc of 27 this is just an estimate, this just gives you tip how much you could get.

Amy Garrizon, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  7. jezzz

jezzz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It will be counted as 20 different backlinks from the specific pages where the link is placed! however relevancy and PageRank share can effect the tempo of your site.

Offcourse! you can build many links as you can but comparing to the backlinks of top rank websites your links nature like do-follow or no-follow, Google Page Rank and domain and page age also make big difference to the number of links you can establish by forum posting, article directories and blog commenting. The reason of buying links is to acquire the ideal combination which i mentioned that helps new websites to grow actively in terms of search engine ranking position.

The only way you can find those links is analyzing the specific page rank share of backlinks, then domain age and by crawling status. If you are using FireFox then i may suggest you to use SEO Quake and Search Status Firefox Plugins for analyzing the links and all.

jezzz, Jan 17, 2011 IP