1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wamp server doesn't work

Discussion in 'Apache' started by ssmm987, Jan 11, 2011.

Since a couple of days my wamp server suddenly stopped working. Naturally I tried the normal procedure: Reinstalling the Wamp server, reset the hosts file, and so on. Nothing worked.

I have searched the internet for every possible solution, and it said that the most plausible problem was that another application was using the :80 port, and one of the applications named was skype, which I installed just a few days before. I first reconfigured skype, as said that it should, and it didn't help, nor did uninstalling the program do.

When I want to run another similar php server, it says that the necessary port is being used, but when I use the netstat -o command in promt, it shows no port 80 in the active connections.

Could anyone help me? It's really important I get my private server back up again ASAP. Thanks in advance.

ssmm987, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  2. Rudolf Bodocsi

Rudolf Bodocsi Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Check Apache log file for any error.
    Try change apache default port 80 to 8080. After that restart Apache. After that try to reach your site (http://localhost:8080).

Rudolf

Rudolf Bodocsi, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  3. panteng

panteng Peon

Best Answers:
    please reinstall your software...

panteng, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  4. ssmm987

ssmm987 Member

Best Answers:
    @Panteng, Read the post, I reinstalled, actually several times to be sure.

Anyway, I have found the problem, Sql server 2008 was using the port. It cost me a lot of time on google to find in out, but it works. Thanks anyway!

ssmm987, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  5. panteng

panteng Peon

Best Answers:
    :D you're welcome..

panteng, Jan 16, 2011 IP