1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have some issue on my wordpress site please help me out

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by pbonweb, Jan 12, 2011.

on my site gcs4u dot com there on screen shows "No Categories" at header if anyone know about this how to remove tell me

pbonweb, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  2. chrismorley

chrismorley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It looks like wordpress is trying to list your sites categories in the menu, but presumably you havent yet created any?

Either create some categories, or create a custom menu in the wordpress admin which should solve the problem.

It's all covered in the documentation that accompanies your theme:
    http://wordpress.site5.net/boldy/doc/

chrismorley, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  3. teamnirvana

teamnirvana Active Member

Best Answers:
    That was your tweet, with spelling mistakes.

Not good to see on a homepage of a web designing company.

Correct the spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in many places on your website.

teamnirvana, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  4. Tech Maish

Tech Maish Active Member

Best Answers:
    Go to Dashboard>Posts>Categories>
    And click on "Edit" link of the category you want to edit. OR you can also completely delete it.

Tech Maish, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  5. WP Oasis

WP Oasis Peon

Best Answers:
    There might be an option on your WordPress theme to not display categories at all. If you do not care about categories this would be a good option for you. You could also do a little HTML to delete that code from your header.

WP Oasis, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  6. snails07

snails07 Member

Best Answers:
    Go into your functions.php file and completely remove line 26 that says <?php wp_list_categories('hide_empty=1&exclude=1&title_li='); ?>

That will get rid of the 'No Categories'. I have just set up a site using the same theme (the site in my signature) and have modified a fair few things on it so if you need to know anything else let me know...

snails07, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  7. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    What if he/she wants to display those categories? Don't arbitrarily tell people to delete stuff from their theme like this. If anything, comment the line out so they can recover it easily like so:

<?php // wp_list_categories('hide_empty=1&exclude=1&title_li='); ?>
    Code (markup):

Dodger, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  8. snails07

snails07 Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think he/she is wanting to display categories as he/she has asked how to remove it.
    Yeah best to comment it out though. When I am working on a site I have two copies of the theme, the original and my edited version. I remove any code that I know I will not need/want in the future just to make the pages a bit lighter.
    If for some reason though I do need to get that code back I just copy it back in from the unedited original.

snails07, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  9. susan_ham

susan_ham Peon

Best Answers:
    If you know how to code by hand, you can modify the code in the WP control panel. Of course, I suggest you change the theme, it's much easier than modifying the code.

susan_ham, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  10. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually I interpreted it as removing the "message" of "No categories". But since the OP has not answered back in a few days, we may never know.

Of course there is the fact that gcs4u is supposedly a web development outfit. Makes you kind of wonder why one of their own developers has not figured out this on their own, eh? ;)

Dodger, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  11. pbonweb

pbonweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Conetent on front page of gcs4u dot com after services and other links

pbonweb, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  12. Nefertiti

Nefertiti Peon

Best Answers:
    Your RSS Feed shows you have only 1 post in the blog, that too, in the Uncategorized. That should show up but you're using Boldy WP Theme from Site5 free themes which has the option to hide categories and show only pages - check that option to show categories if you want categories to appear in the main menu. If you're facing problems with setting up the menu, read the support docs here: wordpress.site5.net/boldy/doc/ and see the section "Menu Management ( for WP 3.0)"

And Dodger is right, its not good to delete off lines from a theme, you may need it later, so comment it off.

*** Categories may also not show up due to database host connection errors. Too many connections... error ... categories can go missing. If this is happening then phpmyadmin will also show error and will not show up the db at all.

Nefertiti, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  13. pbonweb

pbonweb Peon

Best Answers:
    as you informed me you also using the same sir here on my site i gcs4u dot com there i want to put content on the front page after the bottom links of read more and also i want to put links in footer of my site and also i want to hide the slider page in my website which is as on in Menu Contact us > FAQ >> then here with .. kindly see please let me know

pbonweb, Jan 20, 2011 IP