1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Page dropped from Google

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by seosaroj, Jan 13, 2011.

I had this page(my site inner page) at page 3 on Google but all of sudden page dropped from Google. Can anyone tell me what could be the reason?

seosaroj, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  2. seoexpertuk

seoexpertuk Peon

Best Answers:
    You would have done black hat techniques. Analyse that page.

seoexpertuk, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  3. Adnan959

Adnan959 Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed. Do an analysis. If it is so, then it would be worth fixing some of the content on that page and make it a bit more search engine legible. Once done - resubmit a new sitemap to Google Webmasters.

Adnan959, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  4. ``Yousef

``Yousef Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, as mentioned, you've obviously incurred some penalties somewhere by going against Google's best practices.

``Yousef, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  5. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its possible that they are updating the datacenter you been getting data from. you may wanna wait a bit.

webcosmo, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  6. shtaps

shtaps Peon

Best Answers:
    How long was it off? And when you say dropped do you mean lost it's initial rank or just vanished? I'm not sure if single pages are being penalized... wasn't it for the whole site? Anyway, it just mean they are reconsidering your ranking. If it's because of sudden flow of backlinks you'll come back higher than before. This is actually a good thing.

shtaps, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  7. Amy Garrizon

Amy Garrizon Peon

Best Answers:
    It sounds like you broke google policy, or it also could be you've stopped building your backlinks, check your status how many links you have maybe you need to build more.

Amy Garrizon, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  8. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    - If you mean ranking drop then it is likely your website is new and trapped in filter period. This is a common and most cases its ranking will be brought back

- If your mean your indexed pages dropped then check if your content may duplicated with other higher authority websites.

Sxperm, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  9. seosaroj

seosaroj Member

Best Answers:
    @ shtaps

no it's completely vanished. its nowhere on google and it dint happen with the entire site the other pages are as same as they were. it has been three day and the ranking hasn't return till now.

10. AirForce1

AirForce1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Personally, I do have the same situation currently on one of my own site. All my 600 keywords on top 20 have been dropped to page 6 or worse. Also, I have noticed such issues on some other well-SEOed sites on my niches. But, the ranking is still there on Yahoo and Bing. BTW, PR has not changed, is still 4 on my site!

all the best,

AirForce1, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  11. shtaps

shtaps Peon

Best Answers:
    Give it some time, it can take much longer than that. I still doubt this happens to single pages. When my sites goes down they go with a bang, but I know why this happens ;)

It could also be as other people suggested because of your backlinks going down. Was it well linked page? Can you still see them in Yahoo! Explorer?

shtaps, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  12. AirForce1

AirForce1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Personally, I still notice there were about 90k backlinks to my own site and inner pages via Google webmaster center.

thanks,

AirForce1, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  13. seosaroj

seosaroj Member

Best Answers:
    @ shtaps
    yeah its not just one page at least 6 pages have gone..so can you suggest me what can i do to get back those pages atlest somewhere on Google..because i have to send the report to my client in next few days and i really need those pages back in ranking. I have been Doing SMO and blogging for those keywords and pages...any more suggestions..

14. shtaps

shtaps Peon

Best Answers:
    That's alright then. Well, as I said just be patient. Not much you can do about it but wait now. Give it a few more days and see what happens. Building links to that page can't hurt but don't go linking frenzy. On your overall link count I wouldn't go with more than several hundred links a day.
    \
    Is it the site from location in your profile? Your numbers are all over the board different, how long have you been building links? Notice that you have been cached 5 days ago, wait for the next cache, it might be a glitch.

PageRankâ„¢: 4
    Cached: Jan 8, 2011 18:34:48 GMT
    Indexed Pages: 4,440
    Domain Links: 197

Yahoo!
    Domain Links: 26,108
    Indexed: 119
    Page Links: 25,043

DMOZ Directory
    Category: Footwear/Athletic
    Majestic SEO
    Indexed: 18,011
    Links: 137,764
    Unique Domains: 1,219

SeoMoz Linkscape
    Page Links: 6,874
    Page Rank: 4.88
    Domain Rank: 4.74
    Page Authority: 64
    Domain Authority: 61

Also you have a high authority score on SEOMOZ, you shouldn't be penalized unless you got a nuke of backlinks coming to that page in a very short time...

Patience my friend, morning will bring a better day, sleep on it ;)

shtaps, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  15. seosaroj

seosaroj Member

Best Answers:
    @ shtaps

lets hope for the best...Do you have any other ID so i can learn something from you. its very generous of you..you have been giving all your valuable time to me..thanks a lot..if u have any other id than do give me..i insist..

16. shtaps

shtaps Peon

Best Answers:
    No worries, I'm taking a break and I was helped in numerous communities like this one. It goes around, karma and stuff :D Wish I could actually help :p You help the next guy that comes along.

Good luck

shtaps, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  17. seosaroj

seosaroj Member

Best Answers:
    @ airforce1
    so didn't you do anything to get back those keywords as previous ranking..or are they back all by them self... Bad thing with me is i don't consider yahoo. i have to sell my stuffs on Google only. so if i am gone from Google i am gone from my business..:-(

18. feliciayapsl

feliciayapsl Member

Best Answers:
    Do a 'site:[your URL]' in google search box. If your site shows up, it is still in Google. In this case, if you did not do any black hat SEO, it may just be Google dance. For the 1st few weeks, the ranking is unstable. Be patient, continue to build quality links, & it will come back sometimes even better.

feliciayapsl, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  19. civil

civil Peon

Best Answers:
    I would not worry too much. If you didn't do anything black hat, just wait and they will come back.

civil, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  20. hhsaus

hhsaus Active Member

Best Answers:
    There isn't much of a difference between being on page 3 and being dropped from Google. Page 3 brings zero traffic.

Build some decent backlinks, remove the rubbish ones if possible, and tell your client to have some patience. We can't control Google, just have to wait.

hhsaus, Jan 13, 2011 IP