1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website Finally Launched - My Marketing Story

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by tyzer, Oct 10, 2006.

Well, today I launched my website after almost a year of planning and I thought I’d write a kind of story talking about what I did and how I did it.

I started thinking about setting up this website about a year ago, but it wasn't until about 6 months later that I really started working on the idea and putting my ideas into motion.

The first thing I needed was a name and domain name. The idea behind AdQuick, is simple – People want ads and they want them quick.

I haven’t actually got any programming skills, although I do know a little about editing PHP which has helped since my programmer completed my site.

After choosing the name, I knew I was going to have quite a small budget, and I knew most of that budget would go to my programmer who would actually code my site from scratch.

I set to work on creating a document detailing every single feature and how each feature works and how the site works from top to bottom. I also put the design of the site together, which was actually based on a free web template from openwebdesign.org. I then sent the plans off to the programmer who did a great job on putting it all together.

The next stage for me was testing the site and making sure it had no bugs, and that took 2 months in total. It just proved to me what a massive website this actually was behind the scenes.

I had set out a plan on how I would advertise my site, and get people interested in AdQuick, and this included:

Adwords – Adsense
    Yahoo Search Marketing
    Miva.com
    Press Release
    Post Useful comments on Forums
    Mailing List
    Pre Launch Buzz

I wanted to get a bit of pre-launch buzz going about AdQuick, so I managed to get some great prizes in conjunction with a couple of online companies, so this brought a lot of people to the site and I also got their email address’ so I could inform them of when the website had launched.

At the time of my website launch I had managed to get a Google Pagerank score of 5, which I was pretty pleased about. I know this isn’t that important but it all helps. I haven’t actually submitted my site to many directories yet, as I don’t like having ‘Under Construction’ sites in directories, but what I have done is got my site linked on several high pageranked sites ranging from PR5 upto PR7. I think this has helped my Pagerank a lot. I have also posted comments on high ranked blogs.

Another thing I have found extremely useful to have is a blog. I’ve found that this has been a great way to keep people interested in an ‘Under Construction’ site. Its important to have a RSS feed and a link to the ‘Technorati Favourites’ feature, so people don’t forget about you.

That’s it really, and now the hard work really starts.

From today, i'm concentrating on submitting to high page ranked directories and basically just getting the AdQuick name noticed.

My website can be found in the signature.

( I have posted this story in 2 other forums)

tyzer, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  2. cenkbut

cenkbut Peon

Best Answers:
    Good luck with your site, looks good
    How are you charging advertisers and how do you pay the publishers?
    What is your share?
    Have you made your first sale?

Sorry for too many questions but i am interested :)

cenkbut, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  3. rosiee007

rosiee007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Submitting your site to directories and getting the name noticed is the best way to start with the promtion of your website. I'd suggest you should also write articles and get a few more links from other related websites. This will help in getting you out of the sandbox effect quickly and also get you some Google PR by the next update.

Edit: This is strange but if I use my toolbar to get the Google PR, it shows 0 PR, but if I use some tool.. it shows PR 5 :confused:

rosiee007, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  4. eXe

eXe Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I strongly suggest you pick paid submission, if there's a choice between paid and free as my PR0 directory receives upwards of 500 submissions everyday, so I can only imagine what a PR4+ directory must be receiving...

eXe, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  5. nebraskaemarketing

nebraskaemarketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice looking site. Definately submit to the directories. Also blog about your site and ping the blog directories also.

nebraskaemarketing, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  6. fusione

fusione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good Luck ;) I like clean design of your site and hope you'll go well

fusione, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  7. phillip.skinner

phillip.skinner Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi tyzer .... nice site ... seeing a new website remind me of a saying I once read
    it went something like this a website with-out traffic is like winking in the dark :eek:
    Here's some sharp info to website traffic that is fresh in my mind blink blink
    All my best to you and yours hope this helps you on your wealth journey
    Phillip Skinner

phillip.skinner, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  8. tyzer

tyzer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hi,

thanks for all the comments. Its much appreciated.

I'll just go through all the questions and i'll answer them here,

cenkbut - Advertisers pay for the ads by using our secure server and using their credit cards. We take a 20% cut of every ad sold, and then twice a month we send out payments by cheque or paypal to the publishers for the ads they have sold.

rosiee007, nebraskaemarketing, eXe, fusione and phillip.skinner - Thanks for your comments and tips, i've taken it all on board and will be using your advice straight away.

tyzer, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  9. natekapi

natekapi Peon

Best Answers:
    So here are some obvious questions no one has asked so far....so how much did you end up investing in the launch of this website? Also, how much has it earned you so far? How many people have you signed up and what kind of traffic have you been getting so far?

natekapi, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  10. DFischer

DFischer Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting site, thank you. :)

DFischer, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  11. Lynn Quario

Lynn Quario Guest

Best Answers:
    I think your site is a great concept.

Congratulations on your launch.

Wishing you all the best

Lynn :)

Lynn Quario, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  12. godinu

godinu Peon

Best Answers:
    nice! good luck on your venture. Creating a pre-launch buzz has helped many endeavors, online and off.

godinu, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  13. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, a year of planning...you've got a lot more patience than I do :) I prefer to get my ideas up and running and tweak them along the way. Best of luck with your site!

Tyler Banfield, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  14. kapuk

kapuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    do you get any clients so far?

kapuk, Nov 2, 2006 IP