1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I give up!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by kjk11, Jan 12, 2011.

ok Ive been working and working ever day to get my webpage to the top of google for about couple months and i got it moved up 4 pages to #6 and then it disappears what the hell? i give up.

kjk11, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  2. Nefertiti

Nefertiti Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you try the LSI keyword research? Find out what your competitors are doing to keep up at #1!

Nefertiti, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  3. guineapirate

guineapirate Member

Best Answers:
    Don't give up, just ask for help, what's your problems? What are you trying to rank for? Let's say your trying to rank for "swiffer wet jet" (from your sig), firstly you have a .biz domain name, not good for anywhere, secondly there are 7 authority sites of the front page when you google that keyword, there's no way you can rank for that, the only page that isn't authority is swifferwetjet.net and it's almost a year old with 154 pretty solid backlinks (non-directory). Chances are you just built links too fast, don't get discouraged, you've learned, now you can move on a start again, that's how the internet works. Fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, succeed a little, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, succeed a little more, etc.

guineapirate, Jan 12, 2011 IP
    Jim4767 and Nefertiti like this.
  4. edvinasbank

edvinasbank Peon

Best Answers:
    lol! Unlucky, but i wouldnt give up if i was you. If you give up, it means you're a quitter :)

edvinasbank, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  5. kjk11

kjk11 Member

Best Answers:
    hmm, I'm trying to rank for my other sig, Fein multimaster top, I was #6 and now I'm gone, yea swiffer wet jet I never learned anything before i made that,, its a tough one, but to me it looks like fein multimaster top isnt hard, i dunno, i just wondering y i dissappear, probably penalized for some reason, if that was the case am I screw on that website?, it just sucks cause i cant find a job and i'm trying to make this work to pay the bills and now im stressed and depressed :( i did sell a few things yesterday

kjk11, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  6. FreeCashTube

FreeCashTube Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't give up. Trust me, that is the last thing you want to do. Hard work and determination will pay off at the end. And if you need help, just ask or find it BUT quitting is the worst thing that you can do.

FreeCashTube, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  7. karen19

karen19 Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you mean disappear from SERP? If your website is new, it's normal. In couple days your website will come up again.

karen19, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  8. guineapirate

guineapirate Member

Best Answers:
    "fein multimaster top" is hard, look at the first page on google: shopping, amazon, amazon, fein.de, nextag, pricegrabber, with the exception of fein.de those are all authority sites (and fein.de is the product site, so you won't beat it). You'll just need to do some more keyword research, it's hard and it takes time, look for relatively odd words, check the search volume with google's keyword tool and check your competition with yahoo siteexplorer, if there are less than 30,000 global searches and the top 5 results on Google have less than 200 backlinks, and they aren't authority sites, you can probably rank in 2-3 months.
    Good luck.
    Heck try out my niche "auto traffic" I just got de-indexed for building links too fast (bing and yahoo don't seem to mind though). The top results only have something like 100 backlinks and there are 19,000 global monthly searches.

guineapirate, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  9. alex629

alex629 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, today, it has become a normal problem for webmasters, after few days it would be on the same place don't worry about it.

I have heard about Google Dance I don't know if it is Google Dance, any experienced would tell us.

alex629, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  10. MarketerMatt

MarketerMatt Member

Best Answers:
    Here a few things to consider that may help you discover why your site disappeared. Did you...
    1) Change the content of your site, especially title tags or header tags?
    2) Did you just build a ton of links to the site?
    3) Did you loose a bunch of links from authority sites?

Any of these factors could have caused your website to disappear of the SERPs. Like most people have said already, the best thing to do is just to keep building links while you wait to see what happens. Your site could very well bounce back in a few days if one of the above criteria happened to your site. Chances are, you're not de-indexed and you don't have to start over.

Was your site new?

MarketerMatt, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  11. theseoguys

theseoguys Member

Best Answers:
    At least you have an exact Match domain and a .com. Lose the exclamation mark in your sig. How old is the site? What have you done to date? There is no reason that with the right SEO campaign, you can't be top 3.

theseoguys, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  12. fluxity

fluxity Active Member

Best Answers:
    My domain dropped from #1 to 5th page for a week once. After that, it went back to #1 and has been floating around #3-#5 ever sense.
    Just doing the Google dance is all.

fluxity, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  13. Alex:

Alex: Guest

Best Answers:
    That'll be the google dance, don't worry about it, keep building links and you'll reappear on the first page in a few days.

Alex:, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  14. kjk11

kjk11 Member

Best Answers:
    yea its pretty new and ive been doing alot of backlinking, maybe that is the problem but ive been putting content on my site while ive doing backlinks so i figured i wouldnt get penalized, i just want to get to the top three cause im not getting much traffic, its almost 2 month old website i think

kjk11, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  15. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It could be the "google dance" just keep getting backlinks to it.. it will settle on a position

kb24, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  16. kjk11

kjk11 Member

Best Answers:
    ok thanks guys

kjk11, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  17. feliciayapsl

feliciayapsl Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes it happens because of Google dance. Continue to fire quality backlinks to it. Make sure you do onpage SEO. It will return to stick on that rank.

feliciayapsl, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  18. kjk11

kjk11 Member

Best Answers:
    Well I guess ill keep doing backlinks and pray that it comes back up, thanks guys!

kjk11, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  19. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, your #2 in Yahoo and #2 in Bing... Which is not bad at all...

I'm not showing a rank for you in Google just yet (Not the Top 100 atleast), because Google hasn't established a rank position for it just yet. Obviously because its fairly new. Google usually takes a little longer to establish a position/rank for a site then most other SEs. "Sometimes".

What are you actually doing to get it ranked? Content? Backlinks?

What kind of marketing, advertising, SEO Tactics are you using?

BTW, your site is not penalized... :)

GuruCreation, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  20. kjk11

kjk11 Member

Best Answers:
    ok cool, yea i figured I would get hits in yahoo and bing but im not, well ive been submitting to web directories, blog commenting, soical networking, link exchanged, forum posting. and add content to my site. I'm glad im not penalized :)

kjk11, Jan 13, 2011 IP