1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review : Game Advertising Online

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by GreatestSwordsman, Jul 25, 2010.

Hey, I've been a Publisher for Game Advertising Online, aka GAO, for a 3-4 months now, and I figure I should give people a little review. I have an Anime website, and I use this as my only source of advertisements. Working pretty well.

I'm not good with reviews, so here are my thoughts in point form.

-Publishers require at least 10,000 unique/day to be eligible to sign-up at GAO, but I was accepted when I only had about 6k, so I am guessing they just say 10k to make it look impressive to the advertisers. (BTW I got 10k+ unique now anyways)

-With GAO, you are not allowed to use other "game only" ad networks on the same page. So if you have a GAO ad on your homepage, you cannot have an ad from CPMStar, Ad4Game, etc. But Google adsense and others are okay.

-GAO only pays for clicks (CPC). They do not pay CPM, but they still show CPM stats, in case you wanted to see.

-I am not sure if GAO accepts all clicks, or clicks from US / West Europe Only.

-GAO pays me a guaranteed minimum of 11.0 cents per Click. Sometimes I get more, but my avg CPC is Never below 11.0 cents. This number may be different for others.

-GAO does not have footer ads or background image ads like Ad4Game does, and their ads aren't as eye-catching as CPMStar. I believe this causes my CTR to be lower, but it's not too bad.

-GAO pays me on the 1st of every month via Paypal. They have never been late, ever.

-GAO uses iFrames for their ads

I used to use advertiseyourgame, but they pay MUCH MUCH lower than GAO does. All thoughts are welcome, and if anyone thinks there are better alternatives please let me know!

GreatestSwordsman, Jul 25, 2010 IP
  2. ggntube

ggntube Peon

Best Answers:
    if you have alot of traffic try us out at ggncpm.com we pay flat rate cpm rates for raw impressions.

ggntube, Jul 25, 2010 IP
  3. slayerduck

slayerduck Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most people already know about your site, you do not have to keep advertising it on every topic in here.
    i tried out ggncpm and the ads, even after getting the new server. Simply load to slow imo.

Back on topic, i been using cpmstar for my anime website and they were really awesome the first few weeks. After that they put me on "actions" only. Then it began to go to shit.
    Could you tell me what the avarage PCP is in total after all the time as a publisher? With adsense i get around 30 cents per click on my site.

slayerduck, Jul 25, 2010 IP
  4. GreatestSwordsman

GreatestSwordsman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I average to about 12 cents per click, you're better off with adsense if you can still use it. But sooner or later they will terminate you, if you are an anime download/streaming site that is.

As for actions, GAO pays regardless if my visitors register on the games or not

GreatestSwordsman, Jul 25, 2010 IP
  5. slayerduck

slayerduck Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have a anime picture search engine, but regardless of that i'd like to know why google would ban a anime down or streaming site? And do they ban just the site or the whole account?

slayerduck, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  6. GreatestSwordsman

Best Answers:
    Google doesn't ban the site from Google search engine, they just don't let you use google Adsense because they violate the TOS. Usually, anime streaming/download sites cannot use Adsense for a long period of time, they must move to Adbrite or something.

If you have anime picture site, then I think you are safe. My website was anime episode streaming, we embed videos from megavideo, youtube, etc, but we still are showing "copyrighted" material.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
    GreatestSwordsman, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  7. FlightCenter

FlightCenter Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the advertisement on the sides can be a big help. From my friends website I see he uses the image background which is actually an advertisement with cpmstar, but if you are getting guaranteed 11 cents per click that's not bad, but mine as well milk Adsense as long as you can (if they ever drop the ban hammer).

FlightCenter, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  8. lordgoth

lordgoth Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agree. I current use GAO on my site too. My CPC around 11 cent which pretty good. Use 300x250 size, you will get better CPC. The best thing i like from them is they alway pay on time. Like automatic payment, on 1st every month
    About adsense, yeah they will ban you soon or late. They ban my site 2 month ago even i used adsense on my site 2+ year. Lucky thing, they just ban my domain, not account. Anyway life alway hard, you need to move on

lordgoth, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  9. oldmanman

oldmanman Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi lordgoth, GAO gives 11cents per click? Hmm.. would love to try it out.. I am currently trying Ads4Game. It's something that ziddu is publishing for too. Sadly, the rates are not very good :(

oldmanman, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  10. blings

blings Peon

Best Answers:
    I never really heard of such game advertising online. Maybe because the niche I mostly get into is far away from that. But thanks to the OP as I have learn things about it and got some networks to turn to to monetize a gaming site. Now I am thinking of coming up with a gaming blog and see where that goes in terms of earning from these game ad sites.

blings, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  11. oldmanman

oldmanman Peon

Best Answers:
    I would not really recommend this path. Gaming niches doesn't pay as well as other niches. I believe it is one of the least paid.

oldmanman, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  12. lordgoth

lordgoth Active Member

Best Answers:
    @oldmanman depend of your traffic, they will set price for click. At first my cpc is 8 cent then go up 13 and down to 11 till now. But it quite fine enough for me

lordgoth, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  13. blings

blings Peon

Best Answers:
    This will serve as my warning if in case I don't know how to find innovative ways to make it work for me as well.

This will serve as my motivation to think hard and study about the profitability of the niche first before indulging.

blings, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  14. ggntube

ggntube Peon

Best Answers:
    i got a question do they only accept gaming sites or they also accept entertainment sites?

ggntube, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  15. GreatestSwordsman

Best Answers:
    Update on GAO *

They have implemented the Site-Skin ads. Though they only pay about 1.7cents per click, I get 10x more clicks on them then I would normally get on banners.

Unfortunately, they have recently reduced the garunteed cpc for one of my ads from 11.0cents to 5.5cents per click. I'm making half of what I used to make for that particular ad banner (468x60). I've emailed them about this, but so far no replies :\ It's been almost 2 days. I'm not liking this at all....

GreatestSwordsman, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  16. Doug at Big Rebel Cash

Doug at Big Rebel Cash Peon Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    hey, contact me if you get a chance... thanks, Doug Barber ICQ 581707810 Skype; doug.jo.games msn; bigrebelcash at hotmail

Doug at Big Rebel Cash, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  17. flipperman

flipperman Peon

Best Answers:
    my game site got average 150 clicks with adsense but they pay me only $0.03 per click which i could make only around $5 each day. I would be much appreciated if any other ads wish to pay 10 cents per click then i would change adsense.

flipperman, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  18. Doug at Big Rebel Cash

Doug at Big Rebel Cash Peon Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    have you ever considered switching to a CPA program ?

Doug at Big Rebel Cash, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  19. ORZ

ORZ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for review GreatestSwordsman.

Today I got some cheap laugh from Eric Pan the Director of Media Planning for Game Advertising Online (GAO). This guy has send me some SPAM regarding my dead website with 1.3m Alexa that has a last post dating 3 years back.

It's not the first media agent to send me such there offers, but this one kinda pissed me off, since I have tried to apply for there network in 2008 with 7k/d 100k Alexa website and was rejected.

Anyways, if all they pay is an average of 0.1$, then basically they are no longer premium like they used to be with 0.2 or 0.25 minimum CPC, consider looking for a higher paying ad network.

ORZ, Oct 25, 2011 IP