1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bandwidth usage - Google images search

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by andrej, Nov 23, 2010.

I have a site with many images that rank on the first page on Google images search for some keywords. I wonder if my bandwidth is used every time someone does a search and my image shows on the Google's search results page (even if the image is not clicked on)?

andrej, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  2. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I think that was the point of the new image search portal they developed. It no longer loads in all the info about the images and displays larger thumbs rather than loading the entire image itself.

Mia, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  3. Doom23

Doom23 Peon

Best Answers:
    what about bandwidth monitor you can try use ProteMac Meter.It;s really nice prog)

Doom23, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  4. jahangir

jahangir Peon

Best Answers:
    Your bandwidth will be used only when someone search on google and come to your site.

Just a simple google image search will not load images from your site, they have cached thumbnails for your images that they show... I think :)

jahangir, Jan 12, 2011 IP
    andrej likes this.
  5. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    just look at google image search results pages - all the thumbnail images are served from google not from your site

atxsurf, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  6. Affiliater

Affiliater Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To answer you question, no. If no one will click the thumbnail then the actual image isn't downloaded and you don't burn any bandwidth.

Affiliater, Jan 13, 2011 IP