1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I installed the latest stable version of wordpress & the plugin!

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by highbids, Jan 11, 2011.

I installed the latest stable version of wordpress & the plugin
    WP Security Scan & it's telling me to fix the following two errors.

Your table prefix should not be wp_. Click here to change it.

The file .htaccess does not exist in wp-admin/.

I changed my permalinks to /%category%/%postname%/ could that
    be causing some of the errors anyway how do I fix these two errors.

highbids, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  2. biddersspot

biddersspot Peon

Best Answers:
    I would create a new install of wp, asked when creating your installation you stated a prefix of wp,looks like it's conflict with word press as wordpress is wp prefix.

htaccess shoiuld be created on install by wordpress. start again and don't add wp prefix .

biddersspot, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  3. WP Oasis

WP Oasis Peon

Best Answers:
    You could also locate the missing files in your wordpress download and manually upload them to your website. I would only resort to this if the above option does not work.

WP Oasis, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  4. lonerunner

lonerunner Member

Best Answers:
    When you install wordpress , installation by default add wp_ preifx, however on installation page they ask you if you want to change prefix to something else. This doesn't mean that your wordpress wont work. Only problem can be if you had files in database before installation, if its clean install your website will work perfect with wp_ prefix. If you want to install 2 wp sites in one database you can use wp1_ and wp2_ prefix,and this is why wp is using prefix in first place.

.htaccess file is installed by default BUT on in wp-admin/ folder, wordpress dont install .htaccess file in wp-admin/ and you dont need one in that folder. .htaccess file is in your website root directory and only purpose is for permalink structure, if you dont have .htaccess file you can create it manually and in wp administration on permalink page when you click save wordpress will write necessary code to .htaccess file. If wp is not able to write to .htaccess file you will get error on that same page with something like unable to write to .htaccess file please add code manually. In that case copy code from that page and add it to your .htaccess file. Your permalinks wont work if you dont have .htaccess file and required code in it. and this will break your website and make it unaccessible (except home page). If you disable permalinks your site will work normal even wityout .htaccess file. I hope you understood me.

lonerunner, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  5. bawa

bawa Peon

Best Answers:
    What hosting service are you using? Win or Linux? I guess Win servers doesn't support .htaccess file

bawa, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  6. highbids

highbids Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have linux

highbids, Jan 11, 2011 IP