1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What will happen when oil runs out?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Weirfire, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Illuminated One

Illuminated One Peon

Best Answers:
    There was a time when oil wasn't being used, and the world got along fine without it. The world has advanced so much since those days. So let's not act like it'll be the end of the world if oil were to run out. Oil didn't really become a major thing until the late 1800s and early 1900s. Besides, we have plenty of natural sources that we can get oil from. But of course you don't hear about those sources because there's no money in those sources when you compare them to the profits made from fossil fuels.

Illuminated One, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  2. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oil will run out by 2050 . It will start being impractical as a energy source by 2030 . Most of us will live by then .

The battle against global warming is just begun to spread . If by 2020 we don't turn the tide it might be to late , hopefully we'll manage to mobilize .

ApocalypseXL, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  3. capicua8

capicua8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Our civilized society will become savage beasts

capicua8, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  4. dpsmalltown

dpsmalltown Active Member

Best Answers:
    If it hasn't been mentioned already, Kunstler's blogs and books are fantastic thought-pieces on a post oil society, and in case this also hasn't been mentioned already, all we have to do is hit "peak oil" (e.g. get halfway through our supply, and have this info be public knowledge) before the world changes forever. Which may have already happened.

dpsmalltown, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  5. umurali2000

umurali2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats why we need to concentrate on electric vehicles, renewable energy sources from now ..... use of EVs is the best solution.

umurali2000, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  6. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Oh ya how are you gonna power the EVs ? Fusion ? A focus on fuel efficiency is for start and alternative fuels like biodiesel and ethanol could provide the solution for a large part of the future vehicles .

ApocalypseXL, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  7. massjo

massjo Active Member

Best Answers:
    i guess, there will many environmental losses.

massjo, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  8. john.mcclane.inc

john.mcclane.inc Peon

Best Answers:
    the new sours will be generated at that time so don't worry and be happy

john.mcclane.inc, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  9. Spect3r

Spect3r Peon

Best Answers:
    I work for Statoil AS (google it :D ) and i can assure all of you that the oil will not end not even in the next 500 years :rolleyes:

Spect3r, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  10. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    @john.mcclane.inc : Worry , worry a lot and do even more . The battle for global warming is 40% lost . The planet is 0.8 C more then it should be .

Hy I'm a certified expert in Geography & Geology and I would like to tell ask you to stop posting stupid lies . Even if you magically extract 100% of the oil in the crust you will still run out in 100 years .

ApocalypseXL, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  11. quiz

quiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There will be an other way to get energy out of resources so i don't believe there will come a world war 3 because of oil.

quiz, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  12. Spect3r

Spect3r Peon

Best Answers:
    Not a lie.

First you are counting with only reported reserves, then there is the fact of the mega technological evolution the oil industry has more and more that allows it to extract oil from deeper areas, new areas like the Poles, etc (trust me the company i work for is World Leader on it) among other things that is not revealed to the public eyes.

If it is like you say answer me something then:

As you know basically all our society is based in oil, with out oil is bye bye western life style. Is not only no fuel but also everything that uses plastic, chemical, so on so for
    You really believe that if oil would about to end as soon as they predict they wouldn't be desperately and seriously trying to change things?

Spect3r, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  13. SunElectronics

SunElectronics Peon

Best Answers:
    Solar Energy is an option. Try it and you'll love it.

SunElectronics, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  14. digitalroadwarrior

digitalroadwarrior Peon

Best Answers:
    Before it runs out, countries will have most likely developed alternative sources of energy. They're already funding researching on how to extract oil from algae. I'm assuming solar panels and wind power will be cheaper by then since China is investing heavily into these energy sources therefore reducing the overall prices of using and developing those technologies.

digitalroadwarrior, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  15. peepat

peepat Peon

Best Answers:
    I think this is the biggest consideration for the scientist and they are continuously looking for some safe, better and more eco friedly source of energy. and hopefully in next couple of years there will be many.. as when this is need there is new invention.

peepat, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  16. capstonic

capstonic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing, we will find new thing apart from oil.

capstonic, Jan 11, 2011 IP