1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Thinking global acting local?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by whitedovecleaning, Apr 25, 2005.

Ok I posted a thread on the forum “ making google like me” had a reply that made me post this thread.

When marketing your website, do you tend to market it globally or do you tend to think locally. And if you think global why?
    If you think locally why?
    And lastly what do you think is better to do?

viset my friends toy clollecting site

whitedovecleaning, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  2. jim

jim Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    global. Search engines are pretty global so if I want to target a keyword, I'm going to be getting searchers from everywhere. That's great for sites like www.eslgo.com that are designed for people from anywhere on the world.

jim, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  3. Dirkjan

Dirkjan The Dutch SEO Guy

Best Answers:
    Usually Local. Global has too much competition. In Holland its quite easy to do business online.

Dirkjan, Apr 26, 2005 IP
  4. webcertain

webcertain Guest

Best Answers:
    The first question, IMO, is where could you deliver your products / services in a competitive manner, then analyse the selected markets and define the web campaigns accordingly. Search Engines are inciting us to deliver geo-targeted websites (eg one site for Germany, one for Austria with specific content..) which is probably good practice.
    Cheers,
    Johann

webcertain, Apr 26, 2005 IP
  5. anton-io!

anton-io! Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with webcertain ...

depending on what you are marketing ... example, we might sell a rubber stamp better locally, than globally ... the cost of shipping alone in some cases is more than the cost of the rubber stamp

anton-io!, Apr 26, 2005 IP