1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdSense and page rankings in Google

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by mobiledeals, Jan 11, 2011.

First of all, I know that using AdSense shouldn't affect your rankings in Google in either a positive or negative manner, and Google have stated this clearly.

What I am wondering is: if you have a page where there is no content at present then this may drop off for being uninformative or not relevant to people's search results. Or it may be that Google considers it to be a duplicate of another as-yet incomplete page on your site.

Would using AdSense affect this by introducing new content each time the page is accessed? So when it is crawled Google sees the ads and thinks "this is a bit different than last time, it is not a completely dead page", or will Google just ignore the ads?

In other words, is there any sort of way that Google will consider the ads to be "new content"?

mobiledeals, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  2. seafrontsteve

seafrontsteve Peon

Best Answers:
    Google adsense uses JavaScript - and their spiders don't follow this sort of code.
    BUT by adding any Google code to your site, it definitely moves onto their radar - they have to check the content to decide which ads to display, and perhaps because Google know it's there they factor it into their algorithms via some other route?
    A side effect of this can be to slow or slightly reduce your page ranking - that's why many experts suggest avoid adding Adsense to new sites for a few weeks at least.
    I've listened to many Google employee experts giving replies to these sorts of questions and answers always seem to be qualified by starting something like "so far as I know ... it shouldn't have an effect etc"

seafrontsteve, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  3. mobiledeals

mobiledeals Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your response. This isn't a new website, it is a well established website that is already well indexed by Google. I was just wondering whether AdSense may benefit on undeveloped pages that might be considered by Google to be duplicated. Thanks anyway

mobiledeals, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  4. Nick_Browne

Nick_Browne Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello. As far as I'm concerned, your pages won't lose pagerank. And since Adsense is embedded in Javascript (and doesn't show any links when a bot crawls your page), all your page's available pagerank will flow to your other - regular - links. :) Hope it will help..

Nick_Browne, Jan 11, 2011 IP