1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Guide for getting Quality Links

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by jaree, Oct 8, 2006.

Hello everyone, I am bored so i thought i should help someone here :D

I have seen lot of people asking questions like
    What is considered a quality link?
    How do i get quality link?
    How do i get free links? and so on and so forth

Well i will answer some of the questions like that here

Quality links are considered links that are from Authority sites,Relevant Sites,One Way links,High PR links.

Authority sites are sites that act as authority in a niche or in simple terms site that is Huge and Best in its niche. Govt (.gov) and educational sites (.edu) are also considered as authority sites.

Now getting links from authority sites is not very easy and might cost you big bucks if you are trying to buy links. However there are some directories or open sites that are also considered authorities and you can try to get links in those sites example of those sites would be www.dmoz.org or yahoo directory.

Relevant sites are sites that are relevant to your site topic,niche getting relevant links is very important part of link building and SEO and helps a lot in getting ranked well. Now hard part is how to find sites that are relevant and more hard is how to get links on sites like that. Here are some methods you can try to get links on such site

Remember if you are trying to rank high for a term you must use that in your page title,anchor text,Heading tags. To find the site that use same keywords you want to be ranked use these simple tricks :D
    Google for
    allintitle: put your keywords you are trying to rank high
    and google will show results that are using keywords in their site title you can use these too
    allinanchor: (will show sites using keywords in anchor text of their links)
    allintext: (will show sites using keywords in text of their sites)

Now after you find some good sites that have keywords you are trying to target in their title,anchortext,text contact them for link exchange and or link buying. you will most sites will have contact form or some also even have link exchange form which you can use to link exchange.

Now here is how to get free links in relevant category...
    Ever heard of Digg del.ici.ous and other social networking sites. Use them to get free links relevant to your site. Chose a good topic to write about that is relevant to your site topic. Chose topics that are interesting and people would like to talk about. If you have some good topic and article people will link back to you and those links will be 100% organic natural and relevant. Examples of good topics would be...
    Sports News
    New: a steroid Barry Bonds would be envious of!

Learning Foreign Languages and Culture
    Do the french actually use showers?
    other myths etc...especially where stuff is really stereotypical or taboo in one culture and normal in another

If you are successful you will get loooooooot of free links back to your website.

Some other oldies but goodies to get links are Article submission,Directory submissions.

If you are going to buy links you should cosider links with High PR and relevant to your site. There are sites out there that act as a marketplace for buying and selling links and that work great (check my signature for one :D) Just make sure that if you are going to buy links dont buy useless links (links from sites that have nothing to do with your site)

I will be adding more in this and i ask everyone else to help me in this too and let me know some new stuff too and help newbies out also. Even if one person get some help from this my 15 minutes will pay off :D

jaree, Oct 8, 2006 IP
  2. casperl

casperl Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi jaree,

I liked some of the tips in your post.. I will use them. Thanks.

casperl, Oct 8, 2006 IP
  3. uca

uca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, nice post jaree! I'm sure it will be useful for many here! :)

uca, Oct 8, 2006 IP
  4. jaree

jaree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Glad, It helped someone here. PRO's feel free to through your own suggesstions in here too or anything that you think might be helpful to us :D

jaree, Oct 8, 2006 IP
  5. jaree

jaree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I spent this time to get more helpful tips but i think i wasted my time :D :D

jaree, Oct 8, 2006 IP
  6. Dassie

Dassie Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice jaree.Find it very useful.

Dassie

Dassie, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  7. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    one that could be added is to offer a code snippet, or rss news feed, and offer it to similar sites. For example jaree - it looks like you have an automotive forum.

You could contact other automotive sites (not with forums = not competition) and offer them automotive news feeds, or an automotive forum feed (which would both, of course, include links to your site.)

Some say this is "link baiting" and attach a negative connotation to it, but I say that there is NOTHING wrong with it as long as you offer value.

grobar, Oct 11, 2006 IP
    jaree likes this.
  8. jaree

jaree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No i dont have it yet but its under development and will have it soon :D Anyway yes that seems to be a great idea can you please explain how i can offer news feeds i would really really appriciate that :) thanks

jaree, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  9. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well - you use PHP for your forum, so you'll have no problems finding a free, ready made script that should just pull recent topics right from your database, and create an xml/rss feed.

Its just too much to explain here, and im a vbscript/asp man, so can't offer you much technical advice. I do know that you wont have to search very hard. just google search free php news feed script or something like that.

cheers

grobar, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  10. jaree

jaree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No problem that helped me enough ;). I dont do all this kind of stuff myself instead i hire others to do so all i needed was basic concept to explain to them on how to do it so i think that information should be enough to tell others what you are looking for ;) Thanks a lot

jaree, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  11. klown

klown Peon

Best Answers:
    Depending on your budget i think there are various strategies, the RSS link baiting idea by grobar seems to be a great one.

Anyway you can generate contextual links within unique content i would see as a plus. Some ways to do so:
    -Pay Bloggers
    -Start a blog on your site and work on making it a presence, blogs often gain links easier then say.. an insurance website.
    -Create link bait via tools, interesting stories, other things, try these sites for more link bait ideas: http://www.jimwestergren.com/link-bait/ http://www.jimboykin.com/lee-odden-interviewed-and-link-bait-thoughts/ http://www.seobook.com/archives/001848.shtml
    -Submit to directories with good contextual titles, vary and descriptions over different directories.
    -Write unique and interesting articles then submit to big article directories with contextual links, or a link in the sig.

Create resource sites associated with your content, IE for my insurance sites
    I'm developing a large financial site.

Exchange links via 4 way link exchanges, IE:
    My site A --> Your Site B
    Your site C --> My site D

Some link building tips:
    Build gradually, i get around 20 new links per month, per site (this includes directory links, articles, blogs, 1 site wide, and a couple "other links". I do a link bait every 4 months. What results for me is a gradual growth. With the sitewides gaining more links, and the link bait bringing amounts of large growth when launched i get about 5-10 links a day overall. Which has grown from around 1-2 links per day 3 months ago.

Vary your link text, I currently rotate my anchor text between 10 different strings, the most important are used more often though.

Get deep links, authority sites always do this so your authority should as well.

klown, Oct 11, 2006 IP
    jaree likes this.
  12. jaree

jaree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great helpful post thanks for the information. Do you think those directory submissions in service section here in DP are not good i mean you say that you only get 20 links a month for site and thats like 300 submissions in a day does that hurt your site? Thanks :)

jaree, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  13. klown

klown Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on how fast you site builds links, i'm doing gradual link building, so i'll be getting a bit more then the month before. If you think you can maintain 300 new directory links a month then go ahead, i doubt thats possible though in the long term.

Directory links are different of course because they don't go online till somebody approves them. I'd say 300 in a month from directories is a bit much and generally I dont use these services. I might launch my own service for it shortly though, so i guess I'm shooting myself in the foot here.

I think gradually increasing your links is the way to go since it looks like a more natural growth pattern. This is mainly for google.

klown, Oct 12, 2006 IP
  14. loki

loki Peon

Best Answers:
    can anyone recommend a good link submission service that will work in spanish/languages other than english?

loki, Oct 13, 2006 IP
  15. Tabs

Tabs Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the information, great learning tool here.

T.

Tabs, Oct 13, 2006 IP
  16. Bender

Bender Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Jaree!

Thanks for your post! You seem to know alot about link building. I would like to ask you, if you still have time, could you also comment of prices for links? Like, what is the fair price for a link from a PR0, PR1, PR2....PR10 website? If the link is sitewide/single page? Why is it that some PR5 links are sold for 20/mo and others for only 5 bucks?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

-Bender-

Bender, Oct 13, 2006 IP
  17. jaree

jaree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I seem to have alot of knowledge really :eek: Anyway price always depend on quality of the link. I would pay $50 for a PR2 .gov domain rather then PR5 .com it just depends on the quality of site you are getting the link from. If its authority site or site with good inner PR too it might be worth much more then ordinary PR homepage. Another most important factor that effect the price is how many outbound links that page have (links to other sites) Fewer the links are better it is so the higher the price will be. Also it depends on the traffic of the site too and place of the link. Links on side bars are worth more then links in footer. Contextual links(links within text like in article) are also worth more. There are actually loooot of factors that effect the quality and thus the price of the links. Also check to see if the page has no follow tag because if it does link on that would not be worth more then Sh** :D pages with no follow tags do not pass PR. There are other factors involved too but these were the only ones i could think of right now.

Hopefuly this will help you a bit :)

jaree, Oct 13, 2006 IP
    Bender likes this.
  18. Bender

Bender Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you!!! Check your rep :)

What is a follow tag? Heeeeeelp :D

Bender, Oct 13, 2006 IP
    jaree likes this.
  19. CJJR

CJJR Peon

Best Answers:
    Good post, thanks man.

CJJR, Oct 13, 2006 IP
  20. jaree

jaree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Thanks,:D :D No follow tag is like a command for searchengines that do not give any importance to links on this page(There is better defination i am just lost) It looks like this
    Instead of linking to a site with
    <a href="http://www.site.com">Site</a>
    the link would now look like
    <a href="http://www.site.com" rel="nofollow" >Site</a>

So if webpage have that its not worth to buy link on that page unless you are buying it just for traffic. You can check that by right clicking in webpage and viewing source code of the page. If i missed anything "Experts" please let us know

Glad i could help you :D

jaree, Oct 14, 2006 IP