1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress question

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by ronc0011, Jan 9, 2011.

I have a site running WP and I've got the WProbot plugin installed and I just made a change to the setup so it is doing translation on the post that it creates.

It seems that after enabling the translation module it has started messing up my page formatting / layout. The sidebar is now going at the bottom of the post. The space for the sidebar is still on the side but the widgets are going under the post in the right hand side of the main content area. And the footer now appears to be under the leaderboard ad space

ronc0011, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  2. jeremyhowell

jeremyhowell Member

Best Answers:
    Could you possibly provide a link to the problem site, it would make it much easier for us to help you with your problem.

jeremyhowell, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  3. ronc0011

ronc0011 Peon

Best Answers:
    The site is http://www.makemoney2011.us. It will open to a static page. In the widget on the right for "Recent Posts" the top two post have been added since the translation function was enabled.. Also notice the footer on normal pages i.e. any page besides these two recently added pages, has the "Socrates" logo in it but the footer on the messed up pages appears to be at the top, above the content area. It's as though it's been removed from the page flow like maybe with a z-index value or an absolute position value. ANd why only these two pages?

Note the bottom two post were added before the translation function was enabled and those pages seem to be fine.

ronc0011, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  4. sitearena

sitearena Peon

Best Answers:
    I have viewed your website on firefox and it looks good.

sitearena, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  5. ronc0011

ronc0011 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm... I looked at this last night in Firefox and IE and both of them were pushing the widgets down under the main content area

Now this morning only IE is doing it. That's an improvement but still IE accounts for well over half the browsers out there. It would be good if it displayed correctly in IE.

ronc0011, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  6. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    What usually causes the box to move down the page is that it is too wide. I suspect this is the case here.

You are also using borders for both the left-side of sidebar and the right-side of main content. Unfortunately the sidebar is not as tall as the content, and you can see it.

You can remove the border from the .im-sidebar class rule in your stylesheet. That should allow room in IE for the box. Border widths are in addition to the width of the box in IE, while other browsers are typically not. Also, the padding on the left side is not really needed. Getting rid of both will allow both boxes room to breath.

It should read like this:

.im-sidebar {
      clear: none;
      float: right;
      margin-bottom: 5px;
      padding: 0 5px 5px 0;
      width: 311px;
    }

Code (markup):

Dodger, Jan 10, 2011 IP