1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting from zero

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Rawal, Jan 8, 2011.

I have just started a new website . Dont know where to start .
    Can anyone explain me that only adsense will work me or i can add some more revenue generation thing with it. Plus what should be the pattern of mine site promotion i.e backlinks & PR. How can i get? How long it will take?

Rawal, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  2. biosclan

biosclan Peon

Best Answers:
    Longer if you spent the time your spend on DP on building backlinks and link pushes from web2.0s to your main site. Now that you started a website focus on that instead of being distracted on DP :p

biosclan, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  3. shockbody

shockbody Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In addition to adsense... depending on what your website is about, you could throw some relevant amazon affiliate links up. With a decent amount of traffic, and a hot demand item to your audience, you would have another income stream to your site.

shockbody, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  4. Hoodala

Hoodala Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't count on adsense being your only revenue. What kind of website did you start. Is it a blog?

Hoodala, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  5. aerosjerry

aerosjerry Member

Best Answers:
    Clickbank is a great way to monetize your site. Just go to clickbank.com and sign up for an account. Search the marketplace for a product relevant to your site and get a link and add it to your site. These are all ebooks. There is an incredible number of products there.

aerosjerry, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  6. meltingwaves

meltingwaves Peon

Best Answers:
    Rawal,

If I could offer you some advice, I'd recommend that you stay far away from Adsense if you want to make money through your site. When I first created MeltingWaves.com I definitely added some adsense links and was pulling in a bit of money, but it's not worth it and I'll tell you why. When someone clicks an adsense advertisement, you get a little money but then they completely leave your site because they were more interested in someone elses site that was advertised through yours. All of those ads lead to sales pages, so while you may get $1 for someone clicking a link, if they go to the sales page and buy the product/service, the advertiser is going to get a lot more than that. It makes a lot more sense to go find this advertiser directly and just sign up for their affiliate service.

That way, you can put affiliate banners on your website instead of adsense links. If someone clicks one and follows through with the sale, you get an enormous cut and you'll find that there's a lot more money to be made using this method instead of plastering adsense ads all around your site. Plus, they don't look very professional and can really take away from the look of your site.

You really want to embrace the "no leakage rule" where you try not to link to anyone elses site from yours unless you're linking to them through an affiliate program. That way, viewers either leave your site by clicking the X or buying something, not from clicking an advertisement and being invited to a competitors website. You'll pull in a lot more money with this technique, and you won't have to worry about losing traffic at all.

meltingwaves, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  7. businessman413

businessman413 Peon

Best Answers:
    Obviously with adsense, you are going to need tons of traffic coming. Of course, you'll need traffic no matter what you do. First off focus on getting good content on your website, then worry about promoting it.

Good luck

businessman413, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  8. pradiprg

pradiprg Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need to make a complete planning. What kind of site, subject of it, searching high ranking key words from it, keeping ready material to publish, joing forum right now, which will be helpful in building backlinks and promotion of blog in different way, when it is published.

pradiprg, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  9. prismkuet

prismkuet Member

Best Answers:
    It's really need to know what kind of website you are using. However backlinks & PR are really great important for your site to get more traffic and thus to get much money.

prismkuet, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  10. wonderland

wonderland Peon

Best Answers:
    wonderland, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  11. Rawal

Rawal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am planning about a cell phones sites where i will submitt articles. These articles will be about cell phones reviews. I have collected lot of articles and a spinning software. What i have come to know is that many affiliate programes are scam and they dont pay you but Adsense is trustworthy. I have also read that adsense means google dont like affiliate running on your site otherwise they will ban you .
    I have also come through some sites where you can find people to click your adsense advertisement. They can click 2 adds for you in 0.1 $ . Do you think it works??

Rawal, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  12. cmorley

cmorley Peon

Best Answers:
    This is great advice meltingwaves.

Rawal - follow the above advice religiously. You may be tempted to make a few dollars everyday with Adsense, but what you need to know is that you are really not making the most out of your website. You are making someone else richer...

Stay away from Scamming Adsense or any other advertiser. It is not the way to make money. They will find you and they will hold your money (well that money shouldn't have been yours in the first place).

cmorley, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  13. Rawal

Rawal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So adsense is a poor idea?? Affiliate programmes is good to go?
    anyone else please?

Rawal, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  14. Rawal

Rawal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A few days earlier i talked to someone & he advised me a site about insurance or legal or about cancer . He was of the view that these sites may bring in very targeted traffic but the click rate is very high for these. What you say about this?

Rawal, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  15. hrbweaver

hrbweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Perhaps If you posted a link to your site, we could help a little bit more. There is no way to tell what niche you are in.

Thanks

hrbweaver, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  16. Adnan959

Adnan959 Member

Best Answers:
    Quite honestly, if you've just lifted off the ground then I would recommend you simply focus on increasing traffic than earning revenue. Leave adsense out of the way for the time being. Secondly - the other way you can earn revenue is via affiliate programs but like I said don't put much research into this for now. Your objective should be to increase website traffic. These links will answer your questions in detail.

How long will it take?
    Generating Website Traffic

I hope this helps you out and good luck in the long run!

Cheers

Adnan959, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  17. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    Adnan is absolutely right. You need traffic before you can make any money. Throw the idea of monetizing the site out the window for now and sit back, take a deep breath, and think of how you can bring people who would be interested in your product to your website. You are in a fairly competitive niche, I think your best bet is to talk and write content regarding new cell phones. Things you could monetize a cell phone website with is affiliate links to cell phone cases and that type of thing, but this is way down the road from where you are at assuming you don't have much (if any) traffic.

PHPGator, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  18. contentcreat0r

contentcreat0r Peon

Best Answers:
    you need to build alot of sites or a few sites that get a ton of traffic to make decent money with adsense. affiliate marketing can give you results that are larger,and in a shorter amount of time:)

contentcreat0r, Jan 10, 2011 IP