1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Many Articles Directory Out There? Worth it?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by cmorley, Jan 5, 2011.

This may have been asked many times at DP but I want to know how many known articles directories out there? How many of them have a Page Rank?

Is it really worth it to send one article to 200 different directories all with a different IP? The very same article with no spin but on 200 different sites?

Will you only submit articles to directories with a Page Rank?

Would all of this really help build the backlinks? with PR or without PR?

Why am I asking? I am working on a marketing report/project and want to get someone's thought on this. I may use some of your suggestions for the report.

Thanks!

cmorley, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  2. CameronHamilton

CameronHamilton Peon

Best Answers:
    The only directories on the internet worth submitting your website too are DMOZ and Yahoo. I wouldn't waste a single second submitting to any other directory. The reason being is that most directories are not mantained. In fact you could spend hours of your time submitting to directories that will never review your listing.

CameronHamilton, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  3. contentcreat0r

contentcreat0r Peon

Best Answers:
    I would spin the articles before submitting to multiple directories and then point back to your landing page

contentcreat0r, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  4. sitearena

sitearena Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't mind the number of directories on internet but i would consider the genuine and unique directories only.Just pick the top 10 directories and you have to search for that.

sitearena, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  5. CameronHamilton

CameronHamilton Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL if you can tell I'm tired I completely skipped over the word "Article" directory.

The only article directories I would ever submit my articles to are Ezine and Hubpages. Those are the only two that have ever been worth submitting my articles too.

CameronHamilton, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  6. alexmcphie

alexmcphie Peon

Best Answers:
    if you ask me i say ezinearticles is the only one that matters, most of the rest of the article sites just pull articles from there anyhow

alexmcphie, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  7. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My theory is the more the better, granted if you can get a link on high pagerank site go for it, but if you look at what ranks #1 on google search results a lot of those sites have xx,xxx links to them and not all of them have pageranks.

soniqhost.com, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  8. Steve Marino

Steve Marino Peon

Best Answers:
    That's my experience as well. A well written and informative piece can bring you a lot more (and better) traffic than having 200 spun articles are worthless directories.

Steve Marino, Jan 7, 2011 IP
  9. quicksweet

quicksweet Peon

Best Answers:
    My top pick are:
    1. Ezinearticles
    2. articlebase
    3. hubpages

They have the highest ranking.

quicksweet, Jan 7, 2011 IP
  10. Hoodala

Hoodala Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't forget about squidoo it is another high quality place for articles that draws a lot of traffic.

Hoodala, Jan 7, 2011 IP
  11. cazort

cazort Peon

Best Answers:
    This is interesting; I guess different people have different experiences with different sites. I found HubPages to be just about useless for traffic driving. I found EzineArticles was a clear leader, with Buzzle a runner-up, but Buzzle's performance is considerably worse than EzineArticles' -- a little under half the click-through rate in my experience, for a comparable amount of views. Traffic I got from HubPages was negligible, and I wrote an unfavorable review of it some time ago. You can read all of my article directory reviews if you're interested. I'm pretty thorough.

I systematically test each directory's performance before writing a review. Right now I'm also working on Squidoo and ArticlesBase (which is nofollow but has good traffic). Both seem to be performing better than other directories, not quite as well as Buzzle though. When I get more data, I'll write reviews of them, but as of now I don't have a big enough sample of clicks to be confident in discussing click-through rate, etc.

The low end of the article directories, IMHO, is GoArticles. I personally think it's a waste of time, but some webmasters do use it. I have measurable traffic from it, but it's been just a drop in the bucket compared to the other sites. Any site that has a lower alexa rank than GoArticles is likely not worth your effort.

cazort, Jan 7, 2011 IP