1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

is possible to change website title ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ayushi infotech, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Seo Joy

Seo Joy Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can change the title as your need.

Seo Joy, Jan 7, 2011 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  2. stardik

stardik Member

Best Answers:
    hahaha... it's same keywords "php development service" and "php development"
    don't change title.. just change your anchor text link to php development when you do link building (seo offpage). if you not get top rank in keyword "php development" you still has a bigger chance to rank in key "php development service" until you have enough quality backlinks to beat google in search terms "php development"

stardik, Jun 18, 2011 IP
  3. clature

clature Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think it really depends on how much work you've put in for the previous title. In my opinion, if 'php development services' has low searches and if it has less competition, it might make it easier for you to do SEO to get it to the first page of Google. And that means the traffic you get will be more targeted.

Just my two cents though. =)

clature, Jun 19, 2011 IP
  4. worldblackstar

worldblackstar Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the informations.

worldblackstar, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  5. nomadic

nomadic Peon

Best Answers:
    Edit the page and upload it, if you have ftp detail. But remember that your current rankings can go down very below. When you change your title it immediately affects to your search engine rankings. You will have to work a bit more for gaining high ranks at your desired keyword. Best of luck!!

nomadic, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  6. Irfi0009

Irfi0009 Banned

Best Answers:
    it's possible friend

Irfi0009, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  7. pradiprg

pradiprg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yet it is possible by editing . However see that Name is related to the subject, otherwise it becomes misguiding. Just because more search if you change the name, there is every possibility that there would be lot of competition, and your site may be at much lower level, and so difficult to be visible.

pradiprg, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  8. Adnan959

Adnan959 Member

Best Answers:
    - Yes you can change it.
    - If you're getting traffic on the keyword already then I say you don't do it. Look at the competition for both.

Adnan959, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  9. Globalp

Globalp Peon

Best Answers:
    You could rank for php development and php development service both. You title already includes the 2nd phrase you want to rank for. Just build backlinks with your anchor text as php development and it should raise the rank of both phrases as they are very similar. It may take a few extra backlinks but it is probably the easiest way to go. I have sites ranking for keywords that don't even include the keyword ANY WHERE on the site. Not in domain, title, body text, image tag. Nothing. Simply by building a TON of backlinks. Like I said you already have it in your title with one word tacked on. Just build links and get the best of both worlds. I offer high quality links, check my signature.

Globalp, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  10. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can just simply change the title, if its a static html page it's straight forward, just open it up in any text editor and edit it, if it's Wordpress or another CMS, simply login to the dashboard and look for the site title and amend it likewise, also ensure that since you have changed the title, try and get the keywords again in the meta keywords, description and spread naturally throughout the body

golfpro1, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  11. venkatdg

venkatdg Peon

Best Answers:
    'php development service' already includes 'php development' in it. You will not be benefited by that.

I suggest using both keywords seperated by '|' or ','

venkatdg, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  12. smartyseo

smartyseo Member

Best Answers:
    Hi logaseo,
    If you want to change your meta tag then your current ranking going down.so if you want to change you title so keep your older keyword in meta tag so your ranking slight down but more effected in ranking if you complete remove then you all off page activity is fail.One more thing don't change your meta tag if you really need then you change otherwise don't change.Take your time to keyword research then select your keyword.

smartyseo, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  13. smartyseo

smartyseo Member

Best Answers:
    Hi logaseo,
    When you change your keyword your ranking going to down and your off page is worthless so as my suggestion you keep your older keyword in title and add new keyword so your ranking is slightly down but not more effected .

smartyseo, Jun 23, 2011 IP