1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The secret 95% of you don't know about Affilate Marketing, and why you will fail.

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by Casesensitive, Jan 5, 2011.

I've been looking around this forum, and I'm noticing a pretty big trend. Those of you who are having trouble with your niche seem to be focused on selling themselves, and their knowledge, and how they can teach you to do whatever.

These are training methods, and these are theoretical. Now don't get me wrong, theoretical solutions are great. In fact they're needed. But in the world of Internet Marketing, theory isn't going to get the bills paid.

It is not cost effective to suggest a theory. We must provide a SOLUTION. This is where some of you seem to be having a problem. When people are looking to buy a product online, they are looking to find a solution that's fast. That's tangible. That will work right now. It is our job as internet marketers to provide a solution that is so simple, so targeted to a person's immediate need, that they can't even fathom not buying it. It's about finding the right product for the right situation. Effective marketing is about distress, or filling a void, and doing it as fast as possible without having to learn anything.

Let's use an example.

Joe just started a family, and his apartment is getting to be too small. Joe wants to build a house. Joe has two options. He can spend years learning the carpentry trade, and build the house himself. It'll be cheaper in the end, but it will mean a stressful family experience because they will have to live in the apartment longer.

Or Joe can hire a contractor to do the work for him. It's more expensive, but it will allow Joe to leave his apartment much sooner, lowering stress levels.

9 times out of 10, Joe is going to pick the contractor. People just don't have the time or patience to really learn a new skill. The contractor eliminates Joe's distress, and he does it fast. That's why the contractor can charge a premium for his services.

So in short, we need to be offering tangible solutions. We need to sell our solutions, not ourselves. No one cares how smart we are or how much money we make. They care about how they can get the most benefit for the least effort.

I hope this helps. Happy New Year DP. Keep fighting the fight.

Casesensitive, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  2. iamasuccess

iamasuccess Peon

Best Answers:
    So true. I think that is what most people are trying to do.
    Sometimes it takes trial and error to get it right.
    Thanks for sharing your insights !

iamasuccess, Jan 5, 2011 IP
    Casesensitive likes this.
  3. MiniTrader

MiniTrader Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice analogy there, appreciate sharing your thoughts.

MiniTrader, Jan 6, 2011 IP
    Casesensitive likes this.