1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain lost on Auction. my content is being misused.. Please help

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by LOD, Jan 1, 2011.

hi guys,
    few days ago the most unfortunate thing happened to me. after working so hard on a website for one year i lost its domain on godaddy auction.
    i bought that domain from a company but they never give me access to the domain. they just pointed it to my nameserver. after running the website 1 year doing lots of SEO for i got it to PR 2. but after one year i could not find that domain company to renew the domain and my domain was lost from me on goddady auction. this isnt just the worst thing. i made my peace with it and i bought the same domain with .net.

but to make the matter worse, the guy who bought my domain is running my exact site with a different design. he is copying all my previous content and has posted it on my old domain. i dont know what to do. people are gonna think that his one is the real website not mine... i wonder when search engine is gonna ban me thinking my website is having duplicate content since his website is old...

guys please help.. i have everything google analylic, adsense account etc except access to my previous domain. i want that domain to be excluded from the google since the new guy is copying my old content.
    please tell me what are my options..

LOD, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  2. Rylandes

Rylandes Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah....what a horrible experiences. I offer my condolences.
    Personally, I don't know what to do in your cases. Maybe the other experts in here can give some serious advice and way outs for you.

Rylandes, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  3. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    My host is Crystal Tech. They backup any and all changes their customers make to their websites. If I were to lose my site to a hacker, or my site gets corrupted, my host has a copy of my site, so my butt is saved.

See if your host has the same service.

Google MIGHT consider this when you contat them about this guy.

If not, not all is lost.

Get a new domain, and have your host transfer the files. Start all over with the SEO, build backlinks, and then give it time.

The one who has the most backlinks and keeps the site live the longest (the age of the site also helps its rank) is the winner.

Besides, the world does not revolve around search engines. They are not as great as you think they are, so don't wory about it.

Your goal is to have a kick-ass site that brings visitors back, time after time after time.

That and having advertisers want to give you their money to place their ads in your pages is where it is at.

As for being banned. That does not happen. If anything, any pages in your site that has duplicate content will, supposedly, not be indexed. That's it. So don't worry about it.

I say "supposedly," because it is not really known for certain if Google does this.

Regardless, there is no "ban."

Just create new pages with new articles on it. Those will be indexed. And, who knows, the pages that has your old articles may be indexed also.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
    Perry Rose, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  4. Luckysacrifice

Luckysacrifice Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear that happened, The only options i can see is to contact Go daddy and explain the situation, or try and find the company.

A good tip is when you buy domains, make sure you have full control of the domain and don't let him change the name servers because he can always change the name servers, or this can happen.

Luckysacrifice, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  5. xubair

xubair Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry about that but I don't think that there is something you can do about that. Forget it as a bad experience and take a lesson from it and start working on a new site!

xubair, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  6. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:

fabulous misinformation. You can indeed get banned. Try copying 10,000 pages from yahoo.com and see what happens.

And as for your misunderstanding about 'indexing' - there is a VERY great difference between indexing and displaying results. Th engines index EVERYTHING they can find as a matter of course because data is power.

They just don't rank it highly if it's duplicate. Whether you choose to call that a 'ban' or something else is entirely up to you, but the result is the same. your page of crappy duplicate content isn't getting ranked for any money making term.

Feel free to prove me wrong. A link to a google search, for example.

Oh, you can't. What a surprise.

contentboss, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  7. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Uhhhhh, I am not talking about copying 10,000 pages, fool.

And if Google banned every site that has duplicate content, there would be very few sites out there, period.

Oh, and...that includes Digital Point.

Oh, and...ever heard of syndicated articles??? I guess any site that carries these articles are to be banned also.

Oh, and...I was referring to HIS particular case anyway.

No shit? Really, Gomer?

Hey, I also heard that water is wet.

You are right, I can't. Nobody can. In fact, we are just seeing things. It never happened, and it will never happenn.

Happy now, Tabatha?

LOD, to get more of a handle on SEO and organic traffic, and everything inbetween, check out Matt Cutt's (one of Google's engineers) blog http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/

The comments are especially helpful, and insightful.

Perry Rose, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  8. LOD

LOD Member

Best Answers:
    thank you guys for trying to help.. i did find the company who bought my domain. i told them what my lawyer told me, how i can sue him for duplicating my content and get his site banned from godaddy or from his host. i would have gone through all the trouble to make sure he looses his domain. but after reading my email, the guy himself deleted all of my old content and has started revamping the website... even after loosing the domain i am happy with this. at least my old content is not stolen anymore. please check out my new site at Lover of Sadness and tell me what you think. this is the same website i am running but now its on .net

LOD, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  9. Dr.Viper

Dr.Viper Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is definitely bad and i extend my condolences at such a bad luck....
    What is your domain..? I mean, the URL?

Dr.Viper, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  10. mubheer

mubheer Active Member

Best Answers:
    thats terrible. unfortunately, I don't think you can get it back. contact the webmaster and ask him if he is willing to give it back.

mubheer, Jan 11, 2011 IP