1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I move Wordpress to root directory?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by InnovationZen, Sep 29, 2006.

Right now wordpress is installed in innovation.com/blog/

I am trying to figure if I should move it to root (i.e. remove the /blog) or not , here is the pros and cons I have considered.

Pros:
    -all the incoming links will point to innovationzen.com, right now some people point to /blog, meaning that they are not contributing to the domain PR (for example innovationzen.com has a predicted PR4 while innovationzen.com/blog has a predicted PR5, which bothers me...

Cons:
    -if I change it all the existing links to individual posts will be nulled (not sure), because they are poiting to innvationzen.com/blog/posttitle. Then again, it is better to change now that I dont have too many incoming links (around 200) then change in 1 year when this number will be higher

What do you guys think is the best alternative?

InnovationZen, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  2. AtanasYanev

AtanasYanev Active Member

Best Answers:
    301 from innovationzen.com to innovationzen.com/blog or 301 from innovationzen.com/blog to innovationzen.com ;)

AtanasYanev, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  3. rexatron

rexatron Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not work them both and try to work on the main page incoming links. I think (but only think) that you will get more people seeing you by having 2 strong sets/ sections of pages.

rexatron, Dec 29, 2010 IP
  4. khaxan

khaxan Peon

Best Answers:
    You should move to the root of domain. As far as the links to your posts are concerned, simply change the parmalink structure in admin settings to match your old URLs. For example if your permalink structure is like /%postname%/ then change it to /blog/%postname%/.

khaxan, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  5. Utama

Utama Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup, move it to the root and then 301 redirect user to the new domain innovationzen.com :)

Utama, Jan 2, 2011 IP