1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

500 Internal Server Error

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by harsh.coreseo, Dec 29, 2010.

Hello friends,

I am having a problem with a site, when i saw my site in google webmaster's "crawl error" section, i found many unreachable links errors, this was because those links are removed from my site but crawler is giving 500 internel server error,my question is how i notify google crawler that the links does not exists now? Please help me out with a proper solution to this problem.

Thanks in advance.

I am new to digital point so please bear with me if i had posted my query in a wrong section, please pardon me for the same and help me to get used to this place.

Regards.
    Harsh

harsh.coreseo, Dec 29, 2010 IP
  2. richammond

richammond Active Member

Best Answers:
    You first NEED to find out why do you get those 500 errors. What do the logs say?? Then get those fixed. Otherwise, you can remove those links from your robots.txt and prevent google from crawling those.

richammond, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  3. harsh.coreseo

harsh.coreseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey thanks for replying back. I will look the logs and try to find more about it. By the way how to remove dead links from robots.txt can you write an example parameter here?

harsh.coreseo, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  4. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    Your script supposed to return 404 error code for non-existing links, instead it crashes (which produces 500)

atxsurf, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  5. harsh.coreseo

harsh.coreseo Peon

Best Answers:
    yes thats pretty obvious but as i got to know 500 error is from server side and can be rectified by the hosting company.

harsh.coreseo, Dec 31, 2010 IP
  6. FW-David

FW-David Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah and internal server error is 75% of the time your host's fault. However, something as little as a malformed .htaccess file or even incorrect permissions can spit out that error.

FW-David, Dec 31, 2010 IP
  7. BigBoxHost

BigBoxHost Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It you have root access go to easyapache and recompile the apache.

BigBoxHost, Dec 31, 2010 IP
  8. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    that only would be if it is intermittent 500, than it is the host's fault as it may be related to server overload and/or your process get killed. If you getting 500 for the same url 100% of the times - check your script and .htaccess and debug it by commenting out some code, adding printouts, etc

atxsurf, Dec 31, 2010 IP
  9. cipals15

cipals15 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Internal Server Error can also be found if there are bad function calls or server overload. :)

cipals15, Jan 2, 2011 IP
  10. computerlaptop

computerlaptop Peon

Best Answers:
    The 500 Internal Server Error is a "server-side" error, meaning the problem is not with your PC or Internet connection but instead is a problem with the web site's server.

computerlaptop, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  11. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    You are a genius! Everybody have thought the problem is in the monitor power cord, but you have cleared it out!

atxsurf, Jan 4, 2011 IP