1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Poision keywords

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by Alvin, Oct 7, 2006.

Alvin, Oct 7, 2006 IP
  2. edwinsoft

edwinsoft Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm interesting

edwinsoft, Oct 7, 2006 IP
  3. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    No it's not true. That rumor has been around for at least a couple of years and it's never been anything but crap.

Try this Google search. Does that look to you like the word "forums" is "poison"?

minstrel, Oct 7, 2006 IP
  4. smfseo

smfseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Not again :(

Your search reveals nothing, You are actually earching for the poison keyword itself and you expect pages containing word forums not to show up on the first page?Well that isint gonna happen and what you are saying is irrelevant to the thread starters question.

I did try my best to make you understand this concept in a thread I think llast month but you still didint get the idea of poison keywords.

YES 'FORUM' IS A POISON KEYWORD AND IT WILL BURY YOUR PAGES IN SERPS FOR SEARCHES CONDUCTED FOR OTHER KEYWORDS WHICH YOU ARE TARGETING (NOT THE POISON KEYWORD ITSELF)

Hope this explains the concept.

smfseo, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  5. hooperman

hooperman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hooperman, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  6. minstrel

Best Answers:
    You really do not have a clue, do you?

If someone is looking for an SEO forum, a webmasters forum, a psychology forum, what exactly do you think the searcher will type into that Google search box? And if you don't have a headache after trying to integrate the answer to that into your einstellung, tell me how on earth that provides any evidence whatsoever that the word "forum" is "poison", in any sense of the word but especially in terms of potentially or actually damaging search engine rankings. :rolleyes:

minstrel, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  7. Alvin

Alvin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well Had optimized sites for "keyword forum" and so far i am getting good results

Both of those sites are on first page for that "keyword forum"

I just asked this question because i was checking that tool and it said word forum is a poison word.. so......... that freaked me out :D

Alvin, Oct 10, 2006 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  8. rosiee007

rosiee007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    sorry for my ignorance.. but what is a 'poison keyword' :confused:

rosiee007, Oct 12, 2006 IP
  9. minstrel

Best Answers:
    It doesn't exist. It's a myth invented by self-styled SEO artists to try to convince people that SEO is some sort of mystical rocket science and then propagated in dozens of forum threads like this one. It's nonsense.

It's supposed to be a set of words which will doom you to poor SE ranking if used in achor links or titles, etc.

minstrel, Oct 12, 2006 IP
    Alvin likes this.
  10. smfseo

smfseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This example you have provided comes up with 34 results in total on google so go and do some more home work before you come to the class again.
    Dont come up with such lame examples with 100 word phrases.

You havent read my post properly.

I mentioned in my previous post that if you are searching for the poison keyword itself then it wont matter but it will affect serps for other keywords you are targeting.

If you search for a phrase containing word forum dont expect pages containing word forum not to show up on page one.
    Hope this helps a bit.

smfseo, Oct 18, 2006 IP
  11. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Total nonsense again. It's not bad enough that you're just plain wrong. You now want to insult those who point out why you are wrong.

minstrel, Oct 18, 2006 IP
  12. hooperman

hooperman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was just searching for a quick and easy example. If you want more results, try http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...ed+to+graphics,+video,+sound,+etc&btnG=Search

The top ranking page has a poison keyword in the page title and there are over 4 million results returned.

hooperman, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  13. schmidte

schmidte Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the reason "forum" and "forums" are labled as poison is because awhile ago Google was filtering queries having to do with: "The worm, known as Net-Worm.Perl.Santy.A, or Santy, was programmed to use Google search to randomly find sites running vulnerable version of phpBB and overwrite several different files to deface the forums." Complete Article

I can remember doing searches with the word "forum" in it and Google would return some error message saying my system might be infected with some sort of spyware......or something of that nature.

I don't think it's an issue anymore.
    ED

schmidte, Oct 19, 2006 IP