1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help Me Monetise a 7000 Unique Visitor Site

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by tillson206, Dec 29, 2010.

All,

I own the website www.soccerengine.net. I have had this site for around 3 years now. About a year ago I was making around $150 per month with affiliate marketing but eventually gave up on it as the money I was making on it was not worth the time it took me to manage it. Back then the site was getting around 1500 unique visitors through link building and article marketing. I have left the site alone now doing nothing and looking damaged for 12 months and I received the email asking me to renew the domain name. I was all set to cancel it but thought I would check out the sites visits before I let it go. To my surprise when I looked at the number of unique visitors for this month of December it was nearly 7000! And better still most of this traffic is coming from the search engines and my articles meaning that it is well targeted. Something must have happened with Google etc to and my site seems to have shot up the rankings.

Of course I renewed the domain and am looking at givig it another go. If you view the site you will see that it is a mess but with that volume of traffic I am going to pay to have it completely redesigned and am going to start running it as a football blog. Can anyone suggest ways to monetise the site? Adsense is terrible in the football niche but surely with 7000 unique targeted vistors I should be able to sell some advertising space etc (obviously after the revamp).

My other sites are doing quite well but footie is something I am finding difficult.

Anyone have any ideas on was to monetise this?

Cheers

James

tillson206, Dec 29, 2010 IP
  2. guineapirate

guineapirate Member

Best Answers:
    It's hard to say without seeing the site (your link directs nowhere) but I would suggest product reviews with amazon affiliate and adsense. Keep it simple.

guineapirate, Dec 29, 2010 IP
    Utopian likes this.
  3. tillson206

tillson206 Member

Best Answers:
    The link was incorrect. I have changed it now. Ignore the site that is there. I am looking at paying to have a complete revamp.

4. penlove

penlove Peon

Best Answers:
    I will suggest you sell it for some profit and let someone who can better manage it take over

penlove, Dec 29, 2010 IP
  5. tillson206

tillson206 Member

Best Answers:
    What is a domain with 7000 unique monthly visitors worth?

6. Rick Krenz

Rick Krenz Peon

Best Answers:
    You might want to consider fixing everything before you try to sell... banner ads are cover content... banner ads are to big for the main column

Rick Krenz, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  7. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't pay that well in the football niche, but neither do other programmes.

Football is a tough niche to monetise, and it is very heavily saturated.

Live Streams and Highlights are the easiest way to get traffic, but this often involves taking a few legal risks as you do not own the rights to the games. And it isn't exactly worth gambling your Adsense account on highlights and streams, although several people do it on the internet without worrying about the consequences.

Posting only news can make you cash, especially if you can get into News Now and Google News. The sheer volume of traffic from those two sources can make up for the poor rates Adsense pays.

@OP, I see that you are already promoting a live football sale service, but here are some other options.

1.) Private Advertising
    2.) Video Advertising ( Unruly Media and others)
    3.) Football Shirts
    4.) Football Boots
    5.) Football Jackets and other fashion wear.

( Kitbag, Subside Sports, UKSoccershop and others)

6.) Football Tickets

( Viagogo, Sports Events 365 and others)

You are already a betting affiliate, so I won't get into that.

Hope that helps you a bit.

Cheers :)

gr8liverpoolfan, Dec 31, 2010 IP
  8. galapagos

galapagos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Where are you visitors coming from?

galapagos, Dec 31, 2010 IP
  9. ChristineR

ChristineR Peon

Best Answers:
    The two places I head for first for affiliate products are Clickbank Marketplace and PayDotCom. See what a search for "soccer" achieves at both. But check the stats to see which are selling best, before making your choice. Promo banners and other marketing tools will be provided to you by the good ones.

ChristineR, Dec 31, 2010 IP
  10. sitearena

sitearena Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    7000 visitors is seriously more traffic and you have to act quickly.I suggest selling adspace and you can try buysellads.com or you can sell it on digitalpoint.
    Good luck!

sitearena, Dec 31, 2010 IP
  11. rajalawak

rajalawak Active Member

Best Answers:
    7000 unique visitors are impressive but i think you should know what keyword that people find your sites..for example people find your site on keyword "how to play football"
    so you can find product from clickbank on product that teach people to play football.

rajalawak, Dec 31, 2010 IP
  12. krashok2010

krashok2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    7000 uv per day or per month ? i can't get...if it is 7k per month then you want to work more...

krashok2010, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  13. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    He's clearly stated that it is per month.

gr8liverpoolfan, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  14. Ceeswag

Ceeswag Peon

Best Answers:
    you should add adsense to it.

Ceeswag, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  15. Alfonso_Montenegro

Alfonso_Montenegro Peon

Best Answers:

I agree with this. Put some e-products there and earn commission as an affiliate! 7000 visitors is a like hitting a jackpot.

Alfonso_Montenegro, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  16. quicksweet

quicksweet Peon

Best Answers:
    There is an old wisdom in business - "You can never make more money from the business than selling it". So why not flip your entire website for cash by selling it on flippa?

quicksweet, Jan 1, 2011 IP